eyelash extensions

Has anyone here gotten eyelash extensions. I was considering on doing this, but I don't anyone who has done it. What are your experiences with this?

Thanks!

Haven't had this done, but ever since I saw it on The Real Housewives of Orange County, I'm interested! If you get it done, please post and let us know what it's like and if it's worth the $$. ;)

I don't know if I'm going to get them. I'd like to hear reviews first. I noticed that a salon in my mall was offering 2 week temporary lashes for $20. (They were selling permanent as well, but I can't remember the price.) I just wanted to hear others experiences.

I can hear Janis Joplin as I relate this but I had eyelash extensions 30 years ago!! I loved them but the only issue which may be resolved now and sounds rather gross is that during the night our tear ducts secrete liquid to lubricate our eyes and in the mornings I had great difficulty washing my eyes! The excretions were stuck to the eyelash roots. As much as I liked them this issue stopped me from further applications as I was concerned re. infection.:eek:

I can hear Janis Joplin as I relate this but I had eyelash extensions 30 years ago!! I loved them but the only issue which may be resolved now and sounds rather gross is that during the night our tear ducts secrete liquid to lubricate our eyes and in the mornings I had great difficulty washing my eyes! The excretions were stuck to the eyelash roots. As much as I liked them this issue stopped me from further applications as I was concerned re. infection.:eek:

Ewe!!! Oh my, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for your honest review.

• 7 years later...

The owner at the salon where I go had them done (expensive ones). She was going to send the aestheticians on the course. However, after 6 months SHE HAS NO EYELASHES LEFT!!!!!:eek:

This is a high end salon and she will not hear of doing them now.

I've had them twice. One of the times I had a couple of fills. I would not do it again. It takes a long time and lots of money to have them done properly. Their heavy and inter fear with normal eye functions. And I was always fiddling with them. There is no easy way to remove them no matter what anyone says. And when they do come off they take lashes with them. It took me 3 months to get my lashes back. So in my opinion, no way!

I had my eyelashes tinted once and found the process really uncomfortable. Just something to consider.

I use Rapid Lash and have been thrilled with the results. My lashes look like they have doubled in length and fatness.

I LOVE mine! I've had them for 2 years now and I have taken a couple breaks. Seems I've been luckier with the rest and no issues with eye function or loosing a ton of lashes. Yes, I've lost some. But nothing like described. I love not having to do the whole mascara thing!

I love my eye color so I have never wanted to try any of the lash treatments since there is a risk of the color changing to brown. If that weren't a risk, I'd definitely do them over extension.

They are expensive and time consuming, so if you don't think you will love them, don't do it. Get the treatment or the newest fiber mascara sets.

Love the effect, but the one drawback I found is that if you get any water in your eyes (shower, pool etc) your eyes sting until they dry out.

I made sure I got quality lashes too (silk or human hair individual ones), and I can only think it's something to do with the glue they use.

Would I have them again? Probably yes for a special occasion, but wouldn't have them done continuously.

Jewels

• 3 weeks later...

I did them for a 12 day trip to Europe earlier this year, the reason I'd hesitate to do them for a cruise is that you aren't really supposed to get them wet any more than necessary bc it will mess with the glue and they won't last as long.

They took some getting used to for a day or two but I really liked not having to worry about mascara while we were traveling. I let them come off on their own (which at the end looked a little bit funny but I was working 12 hrs a day and didn't really have the energy to care by that point)

I'd do them again for a long trip where I wanted to be "camera ready" without a lot of make up time, but not one where I plan to spend a lot of time in the ocean.