ncl spirit cabin 10686.....anyone ?

searoses

This is a larger balcony cabin that could easily fit a scooter.... has anyone had this cabin with a scooter? I have no clue if it will fit through the door.....otherwise this cabin could work for us for a med cruise.....no hc available with a balcony.....I can get around the cabin with a cane and the 3 in step to the bathroom if I have to in order to get a balcony....once in a lifetime trip for us...

This is a larger balcony cabin that could easily fit a scooter.... has anyone had this cabin with a scooter? I have no clue if it will fit through the door.....otherwise this cabin could work for us for a med cruise.....no hc available with a balcony.....I can get around the cabin with a cane and the 3 in step to the bathroom if I have to in order to get a balcony....once in a lifetime trip for us...

Believe that since the cabin is not accessible the Balcony does not have a zero-threshold that would allow a scooter to be driven directly out onto it. Suggest you check with NCL's Special Needs Dept. to see if the ship can provide a portable ramp for access to the balcony

Additionally since it is not an accessible cabin you need to check the width of your scooter vs. the width of the main entrance door to make certain it will fit through the doorway. Note: per Maritime Law specifically SOLAS ( Safety of Life at Sea ) and Coast Guard Regulations mobility scooters MUST be stored inside the cabins. Suggest that you check with NCL as to actual door width. Remember the width quoted will be from door frame to door frame. You than need to deduct Two (2) inches for the depth of door as it does not open flush to wall.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Suggest you check out this YouTube video of NCL Spirit Cabin 10686

• The balcony is not wider in depth than any other standard balcony. It may just be longer than other standard balconies.
  • The balcony does not have a zero-threshold entry. There is a step over edge that appears to be at least 4"-5" . Even if NCL could provide a portable ramp the depth of balcony does not appear to be sufficient enough to drive a scooter out onto the balcony.
  • The bathroom not only has a step over edge into the shower it also has a step over edge to reach the toilet as there is a sliding door that separates the toilet from the rest of the bathroom.
  • Note location of bathroom and the tight space between the bed & the bathroom.
  • There also appears to be no grab bars near the toilet and possibly may not be in the shower. The shower does appear to have enough room to accommodate a shower seat. If one is required than contact NCL Special Needs Dept. to request a shower seat be provided .
  • If the main entrance to cabin is wide enough to accommodate your scooter to get into the room, there is sufficient room for the scooter for it to be stored in the cabin. However actual use of the scooter while in the cabin is very limited due to the other points stated.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Thank you for your replies....I will not need to use the scooter in the cabin or on the balcony....just need to know if anyone has actually driven a scooter into the cabin....I saw some pics and a video but nothing showed the actual entrance...I will call the special services people but we all know that you can get conflicting info .....the itinerary is exactly what we want....

Thank you for your replies....I will not need to use the scooter in the cabin or on the balcony....just need to know if anyone has actually driven a scooter into the cabin....I saw some pics and a video but nothing showed the actual entrance...I will call the special services people but we all know that you can get conflicting info .....the itinerary is exactly what we want....

Worst case scenario the cabin entrance doorway is only 23" wide door frame to door frame which is the width of most standard cabins on cruise lines. So after deducting 2" for the depth of the door when opened the actual clearance would only be 21". Therefore if your scooter is less than 21 or less you should not have problem .

Edited by xxoocruiser

Your scooter must be very narrow to get it in and out of a standard cabin. Best if it is under 21" wide at handrests. We have used standard cabins with our Luggie. But any scooter takes up space. You sound like your trip would be doable.