Tropicante info???

funinthesun71

Hey all!! We are going to to be in Costa Maya for the first time in May. Our group consists of 30 people from 65-15yrs. I have read many good things about Steve and his Tropicante beach. Can anyone give their opinion as to if Steve can handle arrangements for that large of group? We are in port from 8-5 that day so what would be your opinion on the length of time before some of the group might get bored?

We are thinking of making this port our "Group Fun Time". In Roatan it will be Bodden Tours and in Cozumel that will be play time. Probably Senior Frogs!!!LOL.

Thanks in Advance

Mike

Email Steve and ask.

http://www.sandalsandskis.com/

steveuhl@sandalsandskis.com

Yes his facilities could probably handle that many people and a few more, but it will depend upon the number of ships in port and the number of other lounger reservations he has already. If he can't handle your group, ask him who might. He could recommend ElFaro directly next door or splitting between the two. I'm guessing he might also say YaYa Beach or Pez Quadro. I doubt he'd recommend them but probably Tequila Beach could ahndle your group. Krazy Lobster is another option. Barefoot Beach usually takes ship excursion.

I'm assuming your group isn't looking for an AI at $45-$55 pp.

In Cozumel, BTW, there are better "Fun" places than Sr. Frogs.

[

Yep, not really looking for the AI. We feel maybe less crowded and really like the things we have read about Steve and Tropicate. Also like he is from the States. Just looking for a place we can all chill, spend some time and let the kids play in the water.

Cozumel--What would you recommend? DW and I have been there a few times and have done the tours and going into town for the shopping so kinda looking for something different. Probably not going to disembark very early so don't need anything that takes up all day.

What day in May will you be there?

RCL Liberty 5/26.....After seeing your signature it looks like we will all be there at the same time. Have you been to this port before? Just looking for any advise. Costa Maya is a new one for us.

Yes, that is my cruise also. I have only been here once years ago and just walked around the port. Glad I reserved 2 lounge chairs before you grab 30, lol. From my research, I think tropicante is a good choice. Just read the directions carefully on how to get there. Walk out of the port area and get a taxi. Read Steve's blog.

[

Yep, not really looking for the AI. We feel maybe less crowded and really like the things we have read about Steve and Tropicate. Also like he is from the States. Just looking for a place we can all chill, spend some time and let the kids play in the water.

Cozumel--What would you recommend? DW and I have been there a few times and have done the tours and going into town for the shopping so kinda looking for something different. Probably not going to disembark very early so don't need anything that takes up all day.

In Cozumel, if you want a beach day and something for everyone, then just grab some taxis and head to Mr Sanchos or Paradise Beach. Both larger and able to handle crowds and have water toys for the teens( and adults who've never grown up:D ). Playa Mia is also an option. If you don't care about that and would rather have less crowds, go down a little further to Playa Plancar. typically less crowded but very nice beach, good food, good service.

Chankanaab is also an option, but it carries a , IMO, rather hefty entry fee.

For Costa Maya, do contact Steve ASAP and then look at the other places near by if he's booked. See my list, pics, and maps in my signature. El Faro, directly next door, could serve and overflow or substitute.