What clothes will I Take

Carcharly

We are going on an NCL Canaries cruise at the end of Jan2016 - what clothes will I need for DAYTIME that time of year on the ship on days at sea and also when in ports - we will be in Barcelona, Tangiers, Tenerife, Madeira and Malaga?

At this time of year you can be lucky and get warm and sunny during the day but you can also get cold, wet and blustery!

My suggestion would be to take layers, T shirts, light weight but warm fleeces, a light weight waterproof and a couple of those throw away ponchos.

When you get to port you will have some idea, I really would suggest taking your fleecy with you. Even if you feel warm in the sun you will still find it cool if you step into the shade. If it is dry, and rain is not predicted, just put a poncho in your pocket.

By evening you will find it cooler.

Have a great cruise!

Forgot to add, take a strong pair of trainers or walking shoes if you are going to do any real exploring. The volcanic areas of Tenerife and Lanzerote have great walks but the paths do have loose rocks and if they are damp they can be slippy.

Have a great cruise!