Question about Beaches in Jamaica and Grand Cayman

hapytobehr

Is there anybody out there that can give me suggestions on going to a beach in Jamaica and Grand Cayman? We are going on the Victory June 28th and all the shore excursions include snorkling, dolphins, etc. Hubby and I just want to find a nice relaxing spot on a beach in both ports.

Help!!!

Grand Cayman is easy. Seven Mile Beach is right there. As you are at anchor facing the island you will see it running up the island from town. It's a short cab or bus ride away and there are a ton of options as to amenities at different locations along the beach. Just do a search for Seven Mile Beach on here and you'll have all the info you would want from best chairs to best food options to prettiest view.

Jamaica is another story, as you'll have to tell us where you'll be docking (Ocho Rios, Falmouth or Montego Bay) before we can direct you to some beach options. :)

Grand Cayman is easy. Seven Mile Beach is right there. As you are at anchor facing the island you will see it running up the island from town. It's a short cab or bus ride away and there are a ton of options as to amenities at different locations along the beach. Just do a search for Seven Mile Beach on here and you'll have all the info you would want from best chairs to best food options to prettiest view.

Jamaica is another story, as you'll have to tell us where you'll be docking (Ocho Rios, Falmouth or Montego Bay) before we can direct you to some beach options. :)

Thank you so much for the info. I was wondering how far Seven mile was from docking.

As for Jamaica, we are docking in Ocho Rios

Thank you so much for the info. I was wondering how far Seven mile was from docking.

As for Jamaica, we are docking in Ocho Rios

Seven mile beach starts just out of town, but you'll probably want to go up a little way to one of the beaches with facilities. It's literally just a couple minutes away. Many people walk, but it can be hot, and depending on what part of the 7 miles you want to plant your butts, you might want to bus or cab.

If you look at the photos (click to enlarge) you can see the ships in the water at Georgetown on the first one and seven mile beach is the long white stretch going up from there.

For Ocho Rios, there are a couple of "OK" beach clubs, or you can do an all-inclusive day pass to one of the resorts. There is a public beach in town, but it's not great. There is also a small beach at Margaritaville right at the port. Most of the really nice beaches are at the resorts in the Ocho Rios area.

sevenmilemap.jpg.d3ac0f087faed253ee7a7a4d7b5fc123.jpg

sevenmilecruise.jpg.2e819dcc89991964e5fd07021d6d3301.jpg

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

Seven mile beach starts just out of town, but you'll probably want to go up a little way to one of the beaches with facilities. It's literally just a couple minutes away. Many people walk, but it can be hot, and depending on what part of the 7 miles you want to plant your butts, you might want to bus or cab.

If you look at the photos (click to enlarge) you can see the ships in the water at Georgetown on the first one and seven mile beach is the long white stretch going up from there.

For Ocho Rios, there are a couple of "OK" beach clubs, or you can do an all-inclusive day pass to one of the resorts. There is a public beach in town, but it's not great. There is also a small beach at Margaritaville right at the port. Most of the really nice beaches are at the resorts in the Ocho Rios area.

Thanks Again!

I just looked over Jewels Dunns River Beach Resort and that looks nice and the reviews were good. Have any thoughts?

Edited by hapytobehr

Thanks Again!

I just looked over Jewels Dunns River Beach Resort and that looks nice and the reviews were good. Have any thoughts?

YES! Jewel Dunns River is a beautiful little resort. Great beach (not huge, but very nice) super pools, and quality food and beverages. If I were to do an AI for the day (and no kids allowed) I would do Jewel Dunns River. Just had a group of 10 return and they absolutely loved it.

YES! Jewel Dunns River is a beautiful little resort. Great beach (not huge, but very nice) super pools, and quality food and beverages. If I were to do an AI for the day (and no kids allowed) I would do Jewel Dunns River. Just had a group of 10 return and they absolutely loved it.

How crowed was it when they were there?

How crowed was it when they were there?

They were there for a week stay, but it was not crowded. It's adults only, so I think you should be fine as far as crowds go. All-inclusive resorts don't crowd out their land guests with cruise passengers, so if they will sell you day passes, I think it should be really nice.