Tipping Question??

ChloChlo2013

We will be docking in Falmouth and doing a city tour around the Ochos Rios area along with Dunn's River Falls and Irie Blue Hole. If I'm not mistaken, from what I have seen on various threads, it is acceptable to give the guides at the Blue Hole $5/pp in the group. (There will be 4-6 people in our group). I've seen some people state that there were two guides assisting them. Does the tip then become $10pp, or will the guides split the $5pp between each other? Also, does the same tipping rate typically apply at Dunn's River Falls as well? What about our main tour guide? What would be a reasonable amount to tip him/her? I know that what we give is ultimately up to us, but I don't want to stiff anyone.

Any information is appreciated.

It's completely up to you. We (as a couple) will generally tip each person that has guided or helped us $10 - $20 (for both of us, so $5 - $10 pp) depending on what the guides did for us.

DRF leader will usually get $20 if they climb with us and a driver who takes us around for a day would get $20 tip.

If it's someone who helps us for part of the trip or day $10 is plenty and $5 if they don't do much for us.