Capt. Marvin's VS. Capt. Bryan's

Joby

We are trying to decide which op to go with--

Capt. Marvin's / 1-4 PM stingray city+ 2 reefs / for $39.
OR
Capt. Bryan's "Bucaneer" / 10:30 AM-1:30 PM / stingray city+ 2 reefs / for $39.

We will be in Cayman on SUNDAY, March 6, 2005. Times are 9 AM- 5PM.

We want the op that has the fewest people on board and does the most serious snorkeling. From emailing with both ops, it sounds like they are equal in both areas??? Both will run the tours on Sunday's at specified times.

Anybody with prior experience--please vote and help us decide.

The 4pm end time for Marvin's is closer to the 5pm ship departure time than I would like. You should have time to make the last tender, but if not, it's going to be pretty hard for you to catch up with wherever your ship sails next.

For the Bucanner, you are going to want to try to be on one of the first tenders going in. If the ship anchors at 9am, the first tender is going to be sometime after that.

Hi Joby,
We were weighing up our options just last night, we were considering these 2 too as well as Sotos and Native Ways.
We settled on Marvin in the end as they had the best time for us - leaving us a little time to shop ( with out rushing)for the odd Tshirt or 2 b4 heading back to the ship for sail away.
I sent them a reservation request last night and I heard back from them almost immediately - so far so good.
Have fun!

We went with Capt. Bryan and weren't sorry.The catamaran ride was very nice and peaceful. Did the first one in the morning and had time to shop,etc. Wouldn't cut it too close to back on ship time because the tender lines can get long !!!

I agree. We just did the Captain Bryan's trip on 11/10 and it was fantastic. The Catamaran is very comfortable and relaxing after some good snokeling plus you will get time to hit some places in Georgetown. I am confident that Captain Marvins would get you back to the boat in time but not leave you time for anything else.

Isla Mike

My Mom is going with us, but not snorkeling. She will be sitting in a wheelchair on the boat (which ever op we decide on). Both ops have said it was fine for Mom to ride along and watch while sitting in a wheelchair.

If we go on the Capt. Bryan's Bucaneer, will there be enough shade so she doesn't sunburn?

Capt. Bryan's has the safer time, I agree, but would Capt. Marvin's boat offer better shade and also so Mom could watch everyone?

I appreciate all of the first hand comments!

I agree. We just did the Captain Bryan's trip on 11/10 and it was fantastic. The Catamaran is very comfortable and relaxing after some good snokeling plus you will get time to hit some places in Georgetown. I am confident that Captain Marvins would get you back to the boat in time but not leave you time for anything else.

Isla Mike

[quote name='Joby']If we go on the Capt. Bryan's Bucaneer, will there be enough shade so she doesn't sunburn?[/QUOTE]

You know, I seem to recall the Bucaneer not having much shelter--so she might have a tough time staying out of the sun. But with some strong sunscreen, I would think she'd be okay.

My trip report can be found here:

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=101055[/url]

We went with Capt Bryan on the 23rd and had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend using this op. The guys who went with us were Javid and Dolan and they were fabulous. There was a covered area on the back of the catamaran and also an inside area to sit in. They do offer a cash bar while sailing back which I thought was a definite plus. I would highly recommend them!

Archived