Korsakov

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a little help on what to do on a day in Korsakov.

Visiting in October this year, from 0600 to 1800. I think we may need to use a cruise organised excursion, but they do offer a $15 ride to town. Once we get there, what is there to do?

The info I have found so far is all a bit negative - the museum is poor, there is no real tourism angle.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!

• 4 months later...

Hi Kristal Blade,

i can see your post had little response but Im sure you have spent a lot of time since then researching the port stop for Korsakov. We have a 1 day stop next April and am just starting to do the research. From what I can gleam there are no travel agents in Korsakov town but I have found a few in nearby Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. They seem to be advertising tours from 2 days up not short 1/2 or day tours. I have emailed a few & awaiting replies. Did you fine anything of interest?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a little help on what to do on a day in Korsakov.

Visiting in October this year, from 0600 to 1800. I think we may need to use a cruise organised excursion, but they do offer a $15 ride to town. Once we get there, what is there to do?

The info I have found so far is all a bit negative - the museum is poor, there is no real tourism angle.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!

Hi, you may do better to post this query on the Ports of Call-Asia forum as Korsakov is on the Pacific Coast of Russia, over 6000 klms from the Baltic and is visited by ships cruising around Japan.

Happy cruising, :)

Anni