Snorkeling Suggestions?

torchd

The g/f and I will be in St. Kitts 9/26 and we want to snorkel.

Is there any company that anyone would recommend to book through? Based on my research it seems Dive St. Kitts is pretty good, but they seem they are geared mainly for scuba diving....?

Anyone have any input or have used them for snorkeling?

St. Kitts: http://www.divestkitts.com/snorkel_trips.asp

Thank You

So, we did the multi beach last Thursday. We had a driver and a personal snorkel guide. Our family of 5 were the only ones on the tour, so that was extra great. We went by air conditioned van from the pier to Whitehouse bay. On the way, we stopped at Timothy Hill to get the photos of the Atlantic on one side and Caribbean on the other. Once on the beach, our guide led us out to see the shipwreck site. The beach is rocky, and the rocks are slick when going from the shore to the water deep enough to put on your fins. It was interesting to see the shipwreck, and then the guide took us over to the other side of the bay to a reef with a great variety of fish, as well as a sea turtle. The guide would go down and bring up things to touch and look at closely. After getting back to shore, we went to cockleshell beach, where we had lunch at a place called Rush Slowly. The food was very good, with prices comparable to other island prices (more than what you'd pay in US, but not extremely expensive.) The beach was beautiful and fish to be seen right off shore. We did not stay long, because we wanted to go to the reef, which was at frigate bay, off to the left. Again, our guide led us around the reef, pointing out octopus among other fish. There were a lot of starfish and sand dollars in the sandy part of the bay here. Overall, the family voted the best excursion of the trip (although personally, I liked St John/trunk bay better--saw an octopus here, too). We did see more variety of creatures on St Kitts, but I just loved the perfect beach at Trunk Bay. If you like to snorkel, this was a great tour. As others stated about Thenford Grey in general, they gave you a lot of info about the island and it's history. I will try to post some pics once I have time to get them all loaded into the computer. Have fun no matter what you decide to do!

• 2 weeks later...

We are just back from our cruise & did the Thenford Grey multi-beach snorkel tour. It was a great tour. They go over & above with service & very friendly. Snorkeling at White House Bay was great & our guide "Mandella" would dive down & bring up lots of various things. We got to hold a sea cucumber, sea egg, huge starfish. He took pics with our camera of an octopus on the bottom. We went to Reggae's for lunch & then on to the next snorkel spot. The drove us prior & after snorkeling to beautiful spots for pictures. We would definitely take this tour again in St. Kitts. The views on the island are amazing!!! Pics below are of Timothy Hill-we stopped briefly on the way to snorkeling. Next is White House Bay snorkel area. They surprised us with an anniversary wish. View after snorkeling looking down on White House Bay.

110509118_StKittstimothyHill.jpg.79e6c453102e2812b658295202ec199d.jpg

215439169_WhitehouseBay.jpg.7cc6b01a27cbbd128043efdf97b1ff69.jpg

1410672719_Snorkelstkitts.jpg.552eda60a8623cc8fb1443180c3259f3.jpg

1624990357_20thAnnivsurprise.jpg.4548b4106bd0cc5c0cc3846f78a38a40.jpg

1964134705_BeautifulSt.Kitts.jpg.3c0b42b263ad58600d69b7216f0ee1df.jpg

• 2 months later...
Reserved my spot the other day with Thenford. Excited about the trip.

Anything I need to know? How far of a walk is it from the dock to their Arrivals Hall?

You come off the cruise pier right into Arrivals Hall. Thenford Grey guides will be there waiting with a sign. Have a great time!!!!

Yes just a couple of minutes, the cruise pier ends into Arrivals Hall, not a long walk at all.

Thank you once again for the info.

Btw, once at the end of the pier, which way do you turn (R or L) to get to the Arrivals Hall lol. Or is the Arrivals Hall located on the ships pier?

Thank you once again for the info.

Btw, once at the end of the pier, which way do you turn (R or L) to get to the Arrivals Hall lol. Or is the Arrivals Hall located on the ships pier?

You don't turn, you walk right up to it. See in the photo below, Arrivals Hall is the big yellow building at the end of the cruise pier. When we were there, the Thenford Grey guides were standing right there in the middle when we walked up, no problem finding them.

716157999_ArrivalsHall.jpg.f03c9a9e8106cc010e0d560331bfc7df.jpg

You don't turn, you walk right up to it. See in the photo below, Arrivals Hall is the big yellow building at the end of the cruise pier. When we were there, the Thenford Grey guides were standing right there in the middle when we walked up, no problem finding them.

Thank you so much for all of your help!