3 day Bermuda Intinerary for family of 5 in June 2015

familyof5nc

Hello! Hope you are having a great day! I saw where you are very informative and would like to know if you could help me plan a perfect 3 days in Bermuda when our cruise arrives with our 3 boys-Ages(11,13 and 16).

These are our thoughts so far, but we can change around. Also, please let us know what is closer to each other and if we should move around anything. I would like to see the unfinished church too, but I know the boys will not. What is the fastest way to see it and keep the boys entertained.

Wednesday

-Welcome to Bermuda!

-Helmet Dive?

-Back to ship for Lunch and shower

-Afternoon beach-Horseshoe Bay and Warick Long Bay Jobson's Cove (All on South Shore)

-Back to Ship for dinner

-Black Bay Beach in Evening for Sea Glass and Beautiful Sunset

Thursday

-Go to Beaches-(Church Bay for Snorkeling-BEST, but you have to bring own snorkeling gear) Or do morning snorkeling excursion?)(Tobacco Bay has snorkel rental)

-Back to Ship for Lunch and Shower

-Cruise around island-(Gibbs Lighthouse and Caves)

-Back to Ship for dinner

-Walk around Royal Naval Yard and evening Snorkel Yard fun

Friday

-Go to Beaches-(Tobacco Bay)(Long Bay Beach has beautiful pink sand)

-Not sure?

-Back to ship for lunch

-Afternoon shopping in Dockyard maybe or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated on making this vacation a trip to remember!

Thank you so much and have a blessed day!

First of all, what ship are you on and what are your times of arrival and departure? That information is very helpful in telling you what you have time to do and see.

The Unfinished Church is in St. George and can be seen in about 5-10 minutes. It is exactly what it says, an unfinished church. You can not get inside it any more because it is very bad shape and they are trying to save it. Usually there are workers working there during the day. You can walk around the outside of it. There is no roof and it is a lot of unfinished pillars, windows, and doorways. Interesting to see but nothing that will take too long.

Tobacco Bay is just outside of St. George. It takes quite a while to get to St. George so I always try to do that on the day that I don't have to worry about the ship leaving me behind if I miss the ferry back to the Dockyard. St. George also does a drunking of the town wench every weekday at noon. That is fun to watch and your boys would get a kick out of seeing the lady dunked into the bay on the dunking pole. As far as going to St. George and coming back to the ship for lunch, it would not be a good use of your time since the travel time between is almost an hour.

Gibbs Lighthouse, Horseshoe Bay Beach, Warwick Beach, the beach trail between Warwick and Horseshoe, the Swizzle Inn, Somerset Bridge, the smallest drawbridge in the world - these things are all on the South Shore Road and quite close to each other.

Black Bay, Sea Glass(not allowed to be collected and taken off the island any longer) beautiful sunset- again would have to know what time you are arriving and leaving.

After I find out what your times are, I should be able to help you get organized.

Thank you so much for all your helpful advice! Do you think we shoudl cross out St. George and the unfinished church?

Our cruise will be in port in Bermuda Wednesday June 17 at 9:00am and leaving Friday at 5:00pm on June 19.

Please let us know all your thoughts.

We just want to make everything perfect and enjoy everything.

You really have two full days that you can tour the island. On Last year's scheudule, the first ferry to St. George usually leaves the Dockyard at 9:30 AM. With a 9 AM arrival, you probably will not be off the ship and through the transportation pass line in that amount of time. The next ferry is at 11:30 AM which you would be able to make for sure. I think that I would plan the trip to St. George on arrival day and take in the Unfinished Church, Tobacco Bay and the town of St. George and that area.

Then on Thursday, you could do Horseshoe Beach, Warwick Beach, Beach Path between the two, Gibbs Lighthouse, Swizzle Inn, Black Bay Beach, Sea Glass Beach and back to the ship in the late afternoon. These sites are all on the South Shore side of the island.

These two days would work reversed as well. On the third day, you could plan the helmet dive and hanging out at the Dockyard that afternoon until it is all aboard time.

The 9 AM arrival is to your advantage because many of the ships arrive around noon or mid afternoon which really cuts down on your first day. We got in on the Dawn at 11 AM and rented a Boston Whaler boat from Somerset Bridge Watersports the last time we were there. That was a lot of fun and took up most of the afternoon on our first day. Just another suggestion that may interest you.

On your first day if you are doing the helmet dive why are you going all the way back to the ship to shower and then go back out to the beach? Do you not plan on swimming? Just curious.

Food on island can be expensive but lunch can be found for a reasonable amount.

On your first day if you are doing the helmet dive why are you going all the way back to the ship to shower and then go back out to the beach? Do you not plan on swimming? Just curious.

Food on island can be expensive but lunch can be found for a reasonable amount.

That is a really good question. I just thought the writer was all over the island and not make good use of her time. She would be spending her entire vacations on either the bus or ferry. I am thinking they are planning on eating most of their meals on the ship since they are already paid for there but sometimes it is just not worth the time to get back to the ship for every meal especially when the trip may take a hour or more.

Thank you all for that information, we are just on a budget. The helmet dive on the first day will be docked right at the ship. When we get back it will be easy to go eat lunch on the ship then venture off to enjoy beautiful Bermuda.

How long are the ferry/bus rides? I didn't think it would be that far seeing the island of Bermuda is small?

Please, please help me make the most of our time.

I also just saw a beautiful place called Admiratly House Park, it looks amazing that we would want to add.

Please help us plan our 3 days perfectly with all of our wants:

Helmet Diving

Snorkel Park and Kings Wharf

Gibbs Lighthouse

Jobsons Cove

Horseshoe Beach

Warick Long Bay

The Caves

Tobacco Bay

Admiralty House Park

We don't have to stay at the beaches long, unless it is breathtaking and good snorkeling. Please let us know which ones have the best pink sand and snorkeling. Even if we don't have them listed above.

We just need help desparately. I am so confused.