Pv

lllrh

Hello

My family will be taking their first cruise to the Mexican Rivera and I can't decide if we should explore the city or go to Las Caletas. Las Caletas sounds so beautiful and I think the kids would have a great time there. My kids are 6 and 10 years old. I'm a little nervous about the boat ride out there because I do get sea sick. Any advice? Thank you

Las Caletas is indeed very nice, wih activities and good food. Nobody can tell about you being seasick or not. In the morning usually the water is calm, getting more waves during the day. The sailing itself is about 1 hour.

Otherwise consider going to the beach at Los Muertes, various resturants right on the beach. Maybe your kids will enjoy the ride on the bus going there.

Another option is to check the postings re daypasses and go to one of the hotels mentioned there.

Hello

My family will be taking their first cruise to the Mexican Rivera and I can't decide if we should explore the city or go to Las Caletas. Las Caletas sounds so beautiful and I think the kids would have a great time there. My kids are 6 and 10 years old. I'm a little nervous about the boat ride out there because I do get sea sick. Any advice? Thank you

My advice? If it were me, and my family, I would grab a cab at the cruise docks and take it to the "new pier" (the cab driver will know where it is at.) From there, I would wander the Malecon back north to the cruise docks. There is so much to see, so many great places to stop and eat, and "beverage", along with the sand sculptures, the statues, and the truly friendly folks. Ice cream shops, flea markets, and a great view of the bay.

If you tire before reaching the cruise docks, a cab should only cost you about $6us back to the docks. Just my $0.02Pesos worth. :)

My advice? If it were me, and my family, I would grab a cab at the cruise docks and take it to the "new pier" (the cab driver will know where it is at.) From there, I would wander the Malecon back north to the cruise docks. There is so much to see, so many great places to stop and eat, and "beverage", along with the sand sculptures, the statues, and the truly friendly folks. Ice cream shops, flea markets, and a great view of the bay.

If you tire before reaching the cruise docks, a cab should only cost you about $6us back to the docks. Just my $0.02Pesos worth. :)

That sounds like it would be a pretty long walk. I would guess it is about 4 miles back to the cruise docks. We normally walk to the end of the malecon, then go up to the Woolworth store and catch a blue and white bus back to the port.

That sounds like it would be a pretty long walk. I would guess it is about 4 miles back to the cruise docks. We normally walk to the end of the malecon, then go up to the Woolworth store and catch a blue and white bus back to the port.

That is exactly why I mentioned catching a cab if they tire. Four of them catching the bus = $2.00US, or so. Four of them grabbing a cab = $6.00US, or so. They being unfamiliar with the town, and the buses, a cab would be my suggestion. Please, keep in mind, that it was a suggestion, and only that. My Bride and I have occasionally worried about getting back to the ship on time. and a cab only seems reasonable to allay that concern.

We did the Las Caletas trip and the boat trip was not rough. We sat "up top" on the double decker boat just for the view. Your children will enjoy Las Caletas. There are parrots (or macaws), easy walking trails through the park like tourist area, and a swimming area with a gentle sandy beach. When we were there optional water toys were available - not certain about current offerings. We enjoyed our meal there and the laid back jungle paradise atmosphere.