Please give me some suggestions

summercruisin'

Hello! We will be spending a day at La Romana (via Carnival Breeze) this summer. Our family consists of mom and dad (40-somethings :D), barely 13 year old DS and 7 year old DD. Both of our children have issues with anxiety, and one has high functioning autism. We are typically beach people, but we like tours as well, especially if they provide interesting historical information or really pretty views.

We thought about booking the Seavis tours Saona Island trip, but we are a little concerned that the boat ride may be a little too exciting for the kids.

So, what do you suggest we do with our day in DR? There is no chance we will stay on the ship :).

Hi summercruisin'!

Pro Excursions in Bayahibe offers a fun buggy / ATV land excursion -

http://www.proexcursionsbayahibe.com/snorkling-tours/tours/la-romana-land-activities-for-cruise-ships.aspx

They also offer catamaran excursions to Catalina Island and Saona Island on their gorgeous brand new 70 ft luxury cat the Quetzal. You'd have to check their tour times to see if these work for, but I'm pretty sure other cruisers have taken the Catalina excursion. Excellent day on a relaxing excursion that I'm sure everyone would enjoy,and you also visit the River Chavon and the exclusive homes along Casa De Campo. Even if you don't snorkel this is a wonderful day on a private cat.

Another option is spending te day at Dreams La Romana, a very nice resort we just stayed at in Bayahibe. But I would suggest an excursion so you can see the natural beauty of the area.

And an excursion to Santo Domingo would include a tour of the historic area, shopping, lunch, and the church.

Edited by blue_water

We liked Dominicus Beach over Bayahibe and spending time in Dominicus and shopping but that's just our preference. You can then take a $1pp bus from Dominicus back to Bayahibe and see that area before taking a taxi back to port if interested. But these are small towns and not alot to see. For more sightseeing and shopping Santo Domingo would be the first choice followed by La Romana, and a guided tour may be the best choice if that's what you want. There are several private outfits that are highly regarded.