NCL Wedding Vow Renewal?

browniegirl

Hi there, has anyone sailed on NCL and done a vow renewal with them? I have been trying to get a response from the ship coordinator but can't get a reply, so I have no idea what is involved. It will just be the two of us, no guests, so it won't be much, just something simple and romantic. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks!!:D

You might be able to get better service and more for your money if you decided to do this while in port somewhere and use an independent company. We are doing a vow renewal December 19 on St. Thomas. I am using Janelle with Island Bliss Weddings. She has be so kind and always prompt in responding. Her pricing is quite good as well. Admittedly, vow renewals are not a big money maker in the realm of weddings. But we all want to be treated as a valued customer and not put off to the side or ignored. This might be a viable alternative for you, jmo.

Tamara

You might be able to get better service and more for your money if you decided to do this while in port somewhere and use an independent company. We are doing a vow renewal December 19 on St. Thomas. I am using Janelle with Island Bliss Weddings. She has be so kind and always prompt in responding. Her pricing is quite good as well. Admittedly, vow renewals are not a big money maker in the realm of weddings. But we all want to be treated as a valued customer and not put off to the side or ignored. This might be a viable alternative for you, jmo.

Tamara

Tamara, thanks for the advice, I had actually never thought of it being off the ship, but thanks for the suggestion and I will definitely look into it!!!

Thanks!

I just spoke to NCL and they told me that it is $450 for the vow renewal package and that only includes the location on the ship, a person to perform it, they play music during it and champagne and cake for 2.....seems kinda pricey!!!!

:cool:

What is your cruise's itinerary? You can check into what possibilities are in each port for affordable vow renewals.

To give you an example of what is possible, here is what I have going:

Janelle's fee: $195

Bouquet: $65 (you can get a smaller one for $45) She has even suggested that my little girl carry a starfish decorated with a jewel and some tiny flowers. That's only $15, so I'm getting that for our 6 year old. But you know that sounds like a really pretty and inexpensive alternative to a bouquet!

Officiant: $200 (this is with Janelle, I am using a local pastor on the island that I know who is also a tour guide. We booked him for the day and after he officiates for our ceremony he has a surprise itinerary for the three of us. So my fee for tour guide/minister will be $300)

Cake: $45 (our daughter said this was a must have!)

Toasting supplies: $35-50

Photography: $175

Bubbles: $6 (I thought it would be something to keep my daughter occupied. Then I thought we might like to have fun and blow some bubbles too after the ceremony).

I economized in other areas. My dress was purchased on ebay. It was only $7.50. That's right $7.50. Am I the new queen of cheap? :D I honestly don't know if I am more embarassed or proud of my bargain find. But I like it alot. It was worn once by a bride for her bridal shower. The dress is of good quality and in mint condition. Honestly, I cannot believe that it was ever worn. It is really perfect for an informal beach ceremony. It has light beading and very comfortable to move around in. I've seen scores really nice (new!) dresses on ebay that are under $100. Because we've had a wedding, I wasn't going to go running around from store to store for that perfect dress. I don't have time.

You don't necessarily have to hire a photographer for the occassion. The coordinator would probably be more than happy to snap some shots during the ceremony and get some photos afterwards if you give her the camera to do so. I am a wedding photographer and can make some recommendations for ways to make the most of amateur shots.

Let me know what you come up with!

Tamara

There is a company called Shore Trips. Their website is shore trips dot com. At many of the ports they offer wedding packages for vow renewals they normally reduce the price by $100-$200 because we don't need the legal paperwork. Their prices are reasonable and you can get photography with the package as an upgrade or sometimes depending on the port, the photography is already included in the package price.

I've had fun putting this together! I know you will too!

Tamara

There is a company called Shore Trips. Their website is shore trips dot com. At many of the ports they offer wedding packages for vow renewals they normally reduce the price by $100-$200 because we don't need the legal paperwork. Their prices are reasonable and you can get photography with the package as an upgrade or sometimes depending on the port, the photography is already included in the package price.

I've had fun putting this together! I know you will too!

Tamara

Thanks Tamara, did some checking and as it turns out, Norwegian Cruise Line's price is the cheapest! That is sooooooo weird! You certainly do not get alot for your money.....we are hesitant but really want to do this, so in the end, we may end up booking with NCL....it will be a nice memory, that is for sure!!!

Leah

Well, if NCL is the better price and has the itinerary you want go for it! But since you're in the research stage, check this too. Princess Cruiseline's vow renewal is about $300. I'll have to double check my book when I get home. They would do it on board the ship. Princess is a really nice cruiseline. I'll find out what it includes and pass it on to you.

Tamara

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my fiance and I are sailing on the NCL Pearl on 3/2/08. We looked at all the NCL packages for weddings, not vow renewals but I'm sure they're similar. We decided to have our wedding off ship at Grand Cayman. The package NCL offers cost over twice what we are paying by planning it directly through the venue, the Grand Old House. I would definitely recommend talking to other people before you book directly through the cruise line. We are using the money we saved to have a very nice luncheon after the ceremony.

Good luck!

Hi, my fiance and I are sailing on the NCL Pearl on 3/2/08. We looked at all the NCL packages for weddings, not vow renewals but I'm sure they're similar. We decided to have our wedding off ship at Grand Cayman. The package NCL offers cost over twice what we are paying by planning it directly through the venue, the Grand Old House. I would definitely recommend talking to other people before you book directly through the cruise line. We are using the money we saved to have a very nice luncheon after the ceremony.

Good luck!

Hi, congrats! We have done research and friends and online friends have done research and believe it or not, but NCL's price for the renewal is the cheapest yet.....very weird. You do not get very much, basically paying $450 for a minister and 2 glasses of champagne!

Oh well, it will be a great memory. We haven't booked it yet because of the money but are pretty sure we will.

Best wishes!

• 3 years later...
Hi, congrats! We have done research and friends and online friends have done research and believe it or not, but NCL's price for the renewal is the cheapest yet.....very weird. You do not get very much, basically paying $450 for a minister and 2 glasses of champagne!

Oh well, it will be a great memory. We haven't booked it yet because of the money but are pretty sure we will.

Best wishes!

Hi there...hopefully you will see this in your user cp....lol..so...did you ever do your renewal....??

I have tons of time...lol...I had always thought we would do DCL for out 10 yr anniv..we were married in WDW....but love NCL and the suite life...so NCL says its $550 now...didnt go up much over the years...:rolleyes: but would love to hear what you thought if you did in fact do this:)

Thanks in advance for any reply:)

Hi there...hopefully you will see this in your user cp....lol..so...did you ever do your renewal....??

I have tons of time...lol...I had always thought we would do DCL for out 10 yr anniv..we were married in WDW....but love NCL and the suite life...so NCL says its $550 now...didnt go up much over the years...:rolleyes: but would love to hear what you thought if you did in fact do this:)

Thanks in advance for any reply:)

Hi!!! Yes, we did do the renewal and had a FABULOUS time!!! What was funny was that we met so many nice people on our roll call board and once they learned we were planning on doing a vow renewal, practically everyone offered to help us out! We had a minister and a photographer and a video person, it was amazing!!! They all did it for nothing, just out of the kindness of their hearts! We used the chapel on the ship, which was complimentary and we borrowed a cd player from the staff (wasn't tacky......was great) and they let us use part of spinnackers (I think that's what it was) afterwards with all of our roll call friends and they gave us champagne on the house!!! We had found a fabulous waiter by that time in one of the main dining rooms and when we went to dinner after the ceremony -still in our fancy digs - they had set up a special table that was all decorated up, it was so special........we were treated so well! The people on our board were beyond fabulous, they made picture cds and videos for us and made up a renewal certificate, we were so blessed!!!!

So for us, it was so economical but I think the NCL deal would be good too, we just didn't have to do that!!

We have been on once cruise since then and are going again this upcoming November, can't wait!!!!

Leah

Hi!!! Yes, we did do the renewal and had a FABULOUS time!!! What was funny was that we met so many nice people on our roll call board and once they learned we were planning on doing a vow renewal, practically everyone offered to help us out! We had a minister and a photographer and a video person, it was amazing!!! They all did it for nothing, just out of the kindness of their hearts! We used the chapel on the ship, which was complimentary and we borrowed a cd player from the staff (wasn't tacky......was great) and they let us use part of spinnackers (I think that's what it was) afterwards with all of our roll call friends and they gave us champagne on the house!!! We had found a fabulous waiter by that time in one of the main dining rooms and when we went to dinner after the ceremony -still in our fancy digs - they had set up a special table that was all decorated up, it was so special........we were treated so well! The people on our board were beyond fabulous, they made picture cds and videos for us and made up a renewal certificate, we were so blessed!!!!

So for us, it was so economical but I think the NCL deal would be good too, we just didn't have to do that!!

We have been on once cruise since then and are going again this upcoming November, can't wait!!!!

Leah

Leah!

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing !

Funny , we are doing a Western Caribbean on the Star too....out of NOLA...BUT in 2013! LOL Just booked it, couldnt pass up the price or the suite, and I had a Cruise Reward...;)

SO...the list of things that come with the package...we almost get with the perks with the family suite/balcony on deck 12.

So we would be paying $550 for a certificate, cake, extra bottle of champagne....

Your deal was awesome How sweet you had such an awesome roll call!! I love hearing things like that!!!

We have a LONG time....til our cruise!

Congrats!

Archived