Tru Bahamian Food Tour

eskiemom

I found the above tour on trip advisor and it gets great ratings. My concern is that several people have posted previously about safety in the Bahamas and I am traveling alone.

If someone has done this tour recently, how was the walk from the cruise port to the venue? Did you feel safe in the area?

Thanks

deb

I found the above tour on trip advisor and it gets great ratings. My concern is that several people have posted previously about safety in the Bahamas and I am traveling alone.

If someone has done this tour recently, how was the walk from the cruise port to the venue? Did you feel safe in the area?

Thanks

deb

It's safe enough. It's alot of walking and stairs. We weren't thrilled with it. History was ok. Food was ok, but I didn't get why we had greek salad and german chocolate and not traditional bahamian food like native conch chowder, grouper/guava duff.

It's safe enough. It's alot of walking and stairs. We weren't thrilled with it. History was ok. Food was ok, but I didn't get why we had greek salad and german chocolate and not traditional bahamian food like native conch chowder, grouper/guava duff.

Thanks Bubba! Seems might be best to spend my money elsewhere. When I did the tour in San Juan it to was alot of walking but authentic food. We even got to prepare a dish.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this tour back in June and totally enjoyed it, There was Bahamian food and yes , they did stop at a Greek restaurant at the end of the tour but I would do it again. Lots of history and good food. The only food i did not like was the Chowder we had at one restaurant, it was Bahamian and just not to my liking. We have been to Nassau 20 times and it was something different to do. I think you might enjoy it!!

We did this tour back in June and totally enjoyed it, There was Bahamian food and yes , they did stop at a Greek restaurant at the end of the tour but I would do it again. Lots of history and good food. The only food i did not like was the Chowder we had at one restaurant, it was Bahamian and just not to my liking. We have been to Nassau 20 times and it was something different to do. I think you might enjoy it!!

We didn't like the chowder either. The restaurant owners are European and the chowder is not traditional bahamian. One of the other "not so good" reasons we didn't like the tour.

3 out of seven stops were very disappointing.