Dolphin Discovery Cozumel, Mexico

TandK0826

Can anyone that has done this tell me about how are it is from the cruise port? Can you walk from port or do you have to take a taxi? Just a little nervous with all I am hearing about the security in Cozumel right now and we have the two little ones with us this time. Just trying to get an idea. Thanks!

It is way too far to walk so a taxi is your best bet. We did it in Feb. The signage at the port directing through the outdoor mall to the taxi stand is pretty good and the prices to all of the different locations is listed on a large sign at the stand. It was crowded and a bit chaotic at the stand but that is to be expected.

The dolphin experience was fantastic. When we arrived at the park we were also offered a sea lion experience for a very small addition fee which was so much fun. I highly recommend it.

Can anyone that has done this tell me about how are it is from the cruise port? Can you walk from port or do you have to take a taxi? Just a little nervous with all I am hearing about the security in Cozumel right now and we have the two little ones with us this time. Just trying to get an idea. Thanks!

We went with Carnival and it was not a good experience. It was raining and the kids no longer wanted to do the excursion. We were told by a Carnival rep off the ship that we could cancel where we were to meet (we were already off the ship). The rep from Dolphin Discovery would not allow us to though and said it was too late to cancel. So we went anyway.

It was raining so hard that one son wouldn't get in the water, my other son got in and right out. They sat under an umbrella the entire time. The rain was splashing salt water into our eyes. The experience was very limited. The package we bought was also supposed to include a few coves like stingrays, etc and snorkeling. Due to the weather they cancelled everything else. They had a limited buffet lunch. Picture packages were very expensive. We complained while there that we paid for options other than the dolphin experience and were told oh well.

So we took the taxi back to the port, did some shopping and got back on the ship to speak to someone at the excursion desk. They had to investigate and said they would get back to us. They verified everything we said was true by speaking to the man we met at the port for the excursion as well as the people running the excursion. So Carnival ended up refunding the excursion for both of our boys that did not participate at all and 50% of my husband and I. Although I would have liked to just cancel when I knew the weather was bad, I now know to cancel before getting off the ship to ensure policy is followed. Because we did go, I thought the refund amount was fair because paying almost $500 for 4 people was a bit ridiculous for what was received and even if the weather was better, I don't think I would book it again. We were on a back to back and Mr. Sancho's the week before in Cozumel was so much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk