Cost of internet - 7 night Rhapsody cruise

Hi all, I guess this has been asked before, so apologies. I was looking at the packages available for our 7 night cruise on Rhapsody in September (new to Royal Caribbean).

The cost for internet for one device booked in advance for the cruise is £56 sterling ($70 approx) which seems fairly reasonable to me. My queries are:

** Would it cost much more if booked onboard?

** What kind of mobile reception can I anticipate "on the best internet service at sea" - I will be using an iPhone, mainly in the cabin and purely to send/receive WApp messages and pictures, emails, and looking at a small number of websites to catch up on football scores!! - not downloading music or films.

Many thanks for any help offered.

Kind regards.

Peter

... ** What kind of mobile reception can I anticipate "on the best internet service at sea" - I will be using an iPhone, mainly in the cabin and purely to send/receive WApp messages and pictures, emails, and looking at a small number of websites to catch up on football scores!! - not downloading music or films.

Many thanks for any help offered.

Kind regards.

Peter

The ship has WiFI all over, including staterooms. You may not be able to get reliable reception out on yiour balcony. The service should be fine for your intended use.

Thanks for the helpful replies and please pardon my ignorance in asking this further question. What is the difference between the SURF package referred to in a reply and VOOM or is it just a play on words? Are there different packages?

Thanks again

Thanks for the helpful replies and please pardon my ignorance in asking this further question. What is the difference between the SURF package referred to in a reply and VOOM or is it just a play on words? Are there different packages?

Thanks again

VOOM is the name for Royal's internet access package.

VOOM comes in two speeds: Surf only and Surf & Stream.

Thanks Bob, you really are a mine of information for us newbies to RC (and indeed those who are not new!!).

When I checked the different packages on offer I saw about the point you had made and Surf will clearly be fine for me not wanting to download films etc hence not needing the faster package.

I am also aware of the point another poster made regarding data roaming being included for us Brits in Europe now - thanks for that reply as well.

I am now looking at drinks packages - I know this is a different subject but to avoid setting up another topic, and as I know Bob will see this and (hopefully!) answer, can you give me the link to current bar prices/the ongoing spreadsheet on Royal so I can see if it is worth it for a package.

Once again Bob, HUGE thanks.:):)

Best regards.

Peter

... I am now looking at drinks packages - I know this is a different subject but to avoid setting up another topic, and as I know Bob will see this and (hopefully!) answer, can you give me the link to current bar prices/the ongoing spreadsheet on Royal so I can see if it is worth it for a package.

Once again Bob, HUGE thanks.:):)

Best regards.

Peter

Unfortunately, there is no single, accurate list of bar prices. Prices vary by ship, sailing, and sometimes by bar on the same sailing.

Figure fancy (frozen/blender) cocktails $12-$14, with a few higher. Basic mixed drinks (gin & tonic, etc.) around $9-$10. Beers $6-$8. Wine starts at $9 per glass. Soda is around $4 per 12oz can.