Behind the Scenes Tour

purplemusik

** Sorry, I had no idea someone just posted my same question **

This will be my first time going on NCL and I was wondering if they had a behind the scenes tour. I see it listed on the website but I wasn't sure if every ship did it and the cost. Was it worth it? We are going on the Sun next year. Thank y

Edited by purplemusik

I love the Behind The Scenes Tour and I do it almost every cruise. Just be aware that it is a lot of walking and climbing up and down stairs. There is also a limit to the number of people in each tour. Is it worth? To me, yes to someone else may be not. I always learn something.

Where and when do you go to sign up for this tour? Is there a fee?

Last time I was on the Breakaway it was sold out!😢😢

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes there is a free for the tour unless you have reached Platinum Latitudes status. Ask at the Guest Services Desk as soon as you board.

We were on the Aug 25 sailing of the Sun and took the Behind the Scenes Tour - they only offered it once - that Sunday the day before we left. Only 16 people in the group so we signed up early. It was interesting and slightly different then the Epic (I had taken a behind the scenes tour on the Epic last year - they offered two during the week).

We went to the galley, behind the scene of the theater, laundry and a plus on the Sun we were able to go on the Bridge itself (the Epic we couldn't). Each place we had an officer talk to us about what they did in that particular place. Sometimes you couldn't hear but it was all interesting. We had our picture taken in the galley and at the end we each got a nice padded folder with our photo and another photo of the itinerary, stops and the Captain - (we didn't get that on the Epic, but we got food samples on the Epic)

We also had a video of the history of NCL before it started which was interesting (didn't have that on the Epic). Only problem we had was a 15 minute break in the middle - which I thought was too long for a break

Edited by genealogyfan