Rebel Yell

TavelRN

Has anyone ever been on this catamaran? Can't find any reviews. Looks like it's the outfitter that NCL uses for the JVD trip, but for whatever reason, that trip is not being offered on my sailing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...
Has anyone ever been on this catamaran? Can't find any reviews. Looks like it's the outfitter that NCL uses for the JVD trip, but for whatever reason, that trip is not being offered on my sailing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

i will use them on april 9th , are you going before me ? just looked at your signature , your sailing there in may ? i will let you know how it goes !

-Dan

Edited by BIGDAN1975

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The excursion Escape to Jost Van Dyke was great. The ride over and back on the Rebel yell was awesome, great crew especially Claudia the Captain. The beach is beautiful. This was the best NCL excursion that I have done. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

This excursion looks cool! Definitely considering it. How was the beach? Were there chairs and umbrellas available? Did you have to rent them?

The beach was great there were beach chairs available for free. There were shaded tables closer to the Soggy Dollar. Go to Soggy Dollar website and check out the webcam. http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam.aspx

I agree. Rebel yell was enjoyable. Crew was great. Best ship excursion I've ever done. Soggy dollar chairs were free. We paid $5 to sit at the less crowded area of gertrudes. It wasn't super crowded but it was better for us. I want to do it again in November.

• 2 weeks later...
We just booked this excursion on the NCL Getaway in October. Is the catamaran near the ship, or is there a bus ride to get there and back? Thanks!

when you depart the ship it will be to your right at the bow of the ship on the same pier. Maybe 100 yards.

• 2 months later...

We are considering this excursion for our cruise in January. My dad doesn't swim but would like to join us for this excursion. We know that he will still need to pay full price even though he won't be snorkeling. What are your thoughts on that idea? Will we be able to get him off the catamaran without too much trouble to get to Soggy Dollar?

Getting on and off the catamaran is very easy. They pull right up to the edge of the beach and a set of stairs drop down, you will be in ankle deep water. There is crew there to assist you if you have problems with the stairs. It is a great time in a very beautiful location.

Getting on and off the catamaran is very easy. They pull right up to the edge of the beach and a set of stairs drop down, you will be in ankle deep water. There is crew there to assist you if you have problems with the stairs. It is a great time in a very beautiful location.

They do say, though, that if the water us a bit rough, they can't go right to the beach. You'd have to swim about 10 feet or something. And it says you have to be able to swim. So I'm not sure that's the best choice for him...

I am very interested in this excursion for our upcoming February cruise. I just wish there were beach umbrellas. Even with a hat, I can't really take that much sun for a few hours. Does anyone know if it's possible to rent an umbrella somewhere on the beach?

They do say, though, that if the water us a bit rough, they can't go right to the beach. You'd have to swim about 10 feet or something. And it says you have to be able to swim. So I'm not sure that's the best choice for him...

I don't think that will be an issue, the boat pulls right up un the beach the stairs drop down you may have two steps in ankle deep water to get out. If needed the crew will help you.

I am very interested in this excursion for our upcoming February cruise. I just wish there were beach umbrellas. Even with a hat, I can't really take that much sun for a few hours. Does anyone know if it's possible to rent an umbrella somewhere on the beach?

There are covered areas closer too the Soggy Dollar where you can sit in the shade.

• 3 weeks later...