Bermuda Railway Trail bike rental?

whehn

Has anyone biked the Bermuda Railway trail recently? If so, where did you rent the bicycle? We'll be docked one day at St. George and 2 days in Hamilton. I'd like like to take in as much of the trail as possible in the short time we have.

Thanks.

What cruise line are you on? HAL's Veendam does not do St George & Hamilton anymore, just Hamilton until 8/26; and none in 2013.

In Bermuda, what we call bikes, they call pedal bikes. Here are 3 companies that offer rentalsl: Wheels , Oleander Cycles , Elbow Beach Cycles.

When are you joining your roll call?

SBtS

What cruise line are you on? HAL's Veendam does not do St George & Hamilton anymore, just Hamilton until 8/26; and none in 2013.

In Bermuda, what we call bikes, they call pedal bikes. Here are 3 companies that offer rentalsl: Wheels , Oleander Cycles , Elbow Beach Cycles.

When are you joining your roll call?

SBtS

I'm not sure that Wheels still rents pedal bikes. We used to rent bikes from them--they were such nice people and the bikes were great. But the last time we contacted them, they were renting only scooters.

Biking in and out of Hamilton can be scary if you're not used to lots of traffic on narrow roads. Some of the bicycle rental companies (Oleander, I think) have shops in the south shore hotels. Maybe take the bus to one of them, rent a bike, ride the trail for a while, and return the bike? Ask if they'd let you rent at one location and return at another, which would be very convenient.

Archived