Carnival Splendor 1/31/09-3/21/09

SDcruiseGuys92101

Hello.

My partner and I just confirmed our 50 day cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco. It is a repossioning cruise in order to get the ship (which is to big to go through the canal) to LA for Mexican Riviera cruises. We are curious if there are any others planning to be on any part of these 3 cruises that comprise our trip.

50 days seems like such a long time but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see so much of South America.

Look forward to hearing from you and meeting aboard!

direct contact: randywjackson@prodigy.net

Bon Voyage!!

Randy Jackson

Donald Perdue

• 4 weeks later...

I had this trip booked but cancelled for two reasons: the British currency plummeted against the US$; and i had booked solo and since gained a boyfriend. It is a fabulous itinerary and one that will be very rare once the canal is widened so it's an opportunity i'm sorry to be missing.

The Brazilian ports i've visited, also the South American ports on the Pacific coast from Valparaiso north. Rio is absolutely fabulous - simply stunning - be sure to be on deck for the sail in. My profile picture was taken there and the back drop is unbeleivable. On the Pacific coast my favourite port was Arica from where i hired a minibus and crossed the Atacama dessert and climbed 15,000 ft into the Andes to the border with Bolivia. The scenery is breathtaking - as is the altitude, Coca tea was in order to combat the altitude sickness. I saw Vicunas mixing with pink flamingoes next to the highest lake in the world, under snow capped, triangular, smoking volcanoes. It was a highlight not just of the trip but of my life.

Have a fantastic time. I'll be thinking about you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. We are just a couple of Cali boyz and are concerned about the lack of gays on the ship. Hope we find some cool guys to hang with. Any other information would be greatly appreciated about ports of call (what to do). Did you book a minivan for Arica ahead of time or at the pier? You had enough time to get there and back to catch the ship? Such a long time aboard is also a concern (49 days) but I hear the gym is nice. Must use daily to keep ourselves slim!! Thanks again for any information on ports of call. Don and Randy.

Archived