Dolphin excursion in Cozumel

tncruisergurl

I have emailed both Discovery Cove and Dolphinaris and both have told me I have to go through carnival. We always book our own excursions and save money. This is the first time I've had a problem with this. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Online chat told me Ihad to go through carnival. I called and he said they were full for that day when I told him we were on carnival. I went back to the site and changed to one of the other ships in port that day and it worked just fine.

We did the one at Chanakaab in May 2012. I booked online and just put that I was staying at a local hotel. We showed up with carnival towels and my kids had muster station bracelets on and no one said a thing. Save us a ton of $$.

But with the new price match cant you book with carnival and have them match it?

We did the one at Chanakaab in May 2012. I booked online and just put that I was staying at a local hotel. We showed up with carnival towels and my kids had muster station bracelets on and no one said a thing. Save us a ton of $$.

But with the new price match cant you book with carnival and have them match it?

Yes, just tell them you're at a resort. Then taxi there. No one will question anything.

They have contracts with Carnival. However, the good news is that you can lie to them and claim you're either on a different ship or in a local resort, and they won't check.

Use the CruiseTT site to see which ships are in port that day. It's better to say you're on a different ship, because you will get a refund if the weather is so bad that the ship doesn't make port (they won't do this if you say you're staying locally).

You will save a LOT of money, especially if you go for one of the specials on the website that run often.

Here is my review of Dolphin Discovery: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41193788

I have emailed both Discovery Cove and Dolphinaris and both have told me I have to go through carnival. We always book our own excursions and save money. This is the first time I've had a problem with this. Anyone else have this problem?

Last year we were in Cozumel on the Carnival Victory. My friends booked through www dot cozumel-tours dot com. They were cheaper then the ship and around the same price as booking direct. They had a great time and really enjoyed it. No problems from start to finish.

They even give you coupons to use at some of the area shops, restaurants when you book.

I would recommend them based on their experience if you don't want to spend the money to book on the ship or book through the website directly since you are on a Carnival ship.

We, too, did the online chat or call(there were 6 families), we all told them we were undecided for the hotel we were staying at. We taxied there, and when we went to check in for our dolphin swims they had us sign in with our name and hotel name...we just used one close by. My BIL even said, 'uh, what hotel are we staying at?' And the girl at the counter just laughed. We were able to book the swims buy one get one free thru a special...saved a ton of money!

They are adviertising a NCL passanger special....$99 for dolphin swim, manatees and sea lions. We will be on the Carnival Liberty but the Norwegian Jewel will be in port also :D I guess I will tell them I am on the Jewel ;)

My husband and I just did the one at Chankanaab last week and it was really great. We did the royal swim and had alot of interaction with the dolphins. We went with a group of 8 at 11:00 I would recommned trying to go earlier if you can because alot of the cruise ship excursions were with us. The pictures for 2 people were $138 and even though I saw someone post $120 on the boards somewhere they would not budge. I bought the photo credits on their website which was $40 credit for $33 spent so we saved a little money that way. They much to our suprise let us go into the manatee pool and pet them even though we didn't pay for it. They didn't take our pictures with them though. I thought they should've to entice ppl to want to pay for pics but it was still a nice suprise. If anyone has questions just ask. Like I said we were there just last week.

My husband and I just did the one at Chankanaab last week and it was really great. We did the royal swim and had alot of interaction with the dolphins. We went with a group of 8 at 11:00 I would recommned trying to go earlier if you can because alot of the cruise ship excursions were with us. The pictures for 2 people were $138 and even though I saw someone post $120 on the boards somewhere they would not budge. I bought the photo credits on their website which was $40 credit for $33 spent so we saved a little money that way. They much to our suprise let us go into the manatee pool and pet them even though we didn't pay for it. They didn't take our pictures with them though. I thought they should've to entice ppl to want to pay for pics but it was still a nice suprise. If anyone has questions just ask. Like I said we were there just last week.

Did you book it through Carnival?

Do you know if you can bring your own camera to take pictures?

We were on carnival but were able to book it through the dolphin discovery site and they definitely do not let you bring your own cameras. If you want pictures you have to pay for them.

Thank you.