Divina dining packages

mjonis

We're on the 12/6/16 Exotic cruise.

I'm specifically looking at this package:

FORFAI.jpg

DIVINA DINING PACKAGE - 4 DINING EXPERIENCES

The best culinary experience at sea at a value price! Explore gourmet highlights of the worlds finest cuisines in the relaxed authentic atmosphere of four of ours specialty restaurants: EATALY STEAKHOUSE , RISTORANTE ITALIA, GALAXY and EATALY PIZZA. Our Maître d'hôtel will assist you with planning and reservation of your experiences. Available only on MSC DIVINA

Anyone know if you're restricted to specific menus? from what i gather on the individual packages, it looks like it's (more or less):

1 app/start, 1 main course (no T-Bone for the steakhouse), 1 dessert.

Is that right? the price seems decent: $55/person for 4 experiences/restaurants.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so you can reserve the restaurant whenever you want. We are doing ours the morning for that evening. Obviously they have to have availability. But you don't need to book all four at once. I forgot to get the galaxy menu, sorry. But I'll get the others. Ok, so we got the four restaurant package. For the Galaxy we could choose one appetizer or one pasta, then an entree, then a dessert. I had the pork cheek pasta, partner had the duck breast for apps. Both were excellent. I had the steak tornoudes or however it's spelled. Partner had the lamb. The steak was a very good sized filet mignon basically. To be honest, probably the best steak I've ever had. Lamb was good too. For dessert I had the chocolate lava cake which was much better than what you get in the mdr. Partner had the strawberry sorbet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other night we did the pizza eataly. With the dining package you get one pizza each. It may not sound like much, but the pizza was probably a 12" pie. Traditional Italian style. I'd say similar to a New York style pizza in that it has the thin crust. Good pizza, but couldn't eat it all. You could easily split a single pizza between two people, IMO. Tomorrow we do the steak house.

I would recommend waiting until you board to order any dining package to make sure you would even want it. The Italian restaurant is not a place I would pay to dine (plastic clear lawn chairs in an interior space). I think you'd be better knowing what you are purchasing ahead of time to avoid possible disappointment. Good luck :)

Ok, so finishing up the final night. I found it odd that the chairs in the steakhouse and the Italian restaurant were "cheap" clear plastic chairs. I think MSC was trying to be modern decor or something. However I put more status on the food vs the decor, since I'm not eating the furniture.

Food was good at both, better than the mdr. If you get the package it's also one app or pasta, one entree, and one dessert. Of the four restaurants, I liked the galaxy the best followed by the steakhouse. I did get pictures of the Italian restaurant menus. I'll have to upload them when I get back. But the package saves you about $45 vs buying at all four separately.

• 2 months later...
Ok, so finishing up the final night. I found it odd that the chairs in the steakhouse and the Italian restaurant were "cheap" clear plastic chairs. I think MSC was trying to be modern decor or something. However I put more status on the food vs the decor, since I'm not eating the furniture.

Food was good at both, better than the mdr. If you get the package it's also one app or pasta, one entree, and one dessert. Of the four restaurants, I liked the galaxy the best followed by the steakhouse. I did get pictures of the Italian restaurant menus. I'll have to upload them when I get back. But the package saves you about $45 vs buying at all four separately.

When you ate at Ristorante Italia was it a set menu or could you choose items from the ala carte? Curious because there are three of us in our party but one doesn't like seafood and the prix fixe menu seems to lean strongly towards the sea creatures! Any info is appreciated =)

When you ate at Ristorante Italia was it a set menu or could you choose items from the ala carte? Curious because there are three of us in our party but one doesn't like seafood and the prix fixe menu seems to lean strongly towards the sea creatures! Any info is appreciated =)

We ate there last week. It is an ala carte. 1 appetizer or pasta, main and dessert each. There is bread (very good bread) on the table and you get a glass of prosecco. We thought it was very good.

There are only 3 tables for two and 2 tables for 4 so not too many can eat there each night. It was a quiet reprieve from eating in the main dining room and buffet.

I called reception the first day to find out which nights were formal nights and which were speciality nights. They also gave me the number to call to make reservations.

I have posted menus and photos of food from most nights in the MDR and also from the Italian restaurant and Eataly on my thread from the week of 19 January. If you look further down the forum. One is the Random Photos and one is the Black perk and Menus one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app