Party of 16 Breakaway in May/June

cookie38

Family Vacation of 16, possibly 18 will be on Breakaway May 28th-June 3rd. I have heard some horror stories of bad waves on way there and back? We have cruised the caribbean through some pretty rough storms....anything to be worried about? also what will weather be like there and back? and in Bermuda? we have 8 small children, teens, young 20's and the parents in low 50's Is there a cheaper way to get us all to say Horsehoe Beach. It is my family of teens and mid 20 somethings, and My brother and wife and their 8 children (4, 6,7,8,9,13,17, and 19)... (and a close family friend to help babysit!) All that can get kinda pricey just getting to beach. Other than Horsehoe, what else should we do while we re there for the 3 days. We can also choose to leave kids on boat one day and do some exploring with kids staying on boat!

Any hints and suggestions would be welcomed!

Family Vacation of 16, possibly 18 will be on Breakaway May 28th-June 3rd. I have heard some horror stories of bad waves on way there and back? We have cruised the caribbean through some pretty rough storms....anything to be worried about? also what will weather be like there and back? and in Bermuda? we have 8 small children, teens, young 20's and the parents in low 50's Is there a cheaper way to get us all to say Horsehoe Beach. It is my family of teens and mid 20 somethings, and My brother and wife and their 8 children (4, 6,7,8,9,13,17, and 19)... (and a close family friend to help babysit!) All that can get kinda pricey just getting to beach. Other than Horsehoe, what else should we do while we re there for the 3 days. We can also choose to leave kids on boat one day and do some exploring with kids staying on boat!

Waves are not predictable, there can be bad waves but on my sailings to Bermuda only a few times. The last three years sailing in June no bad waves. But it is possible. In the Caribbean the Captain can sail away from a storm. In the Atlantic, not so much. There and back it will tend to be cool on the outside deck. But again can't predict the weather and those dates are on the cusp. In Bermuda the air temperature will be warm. Say upper 70’s. The water temperature may be cool though. The kids probably won't have any problem with the water temp but the older folks might find it cool. Depends on what you are used too. The water temp then won't be warm then like the Caribbean.

If you want to do some exploring I suggest as first choice St. George's. A World Heritage Site. You can take the ferry there and back. Lot of other options too, read through the past threads for ideas.

Transportation to Horseshoe Beach. The cheapest way would be the public buses. Cause the children would pay a lower fare. The best way in my opinion is the $7 mini bus shuttles if they have them next year. I am pretty sure there will be minibus shuttles but the prices could change. Or taxis. With 16 or 18 people the cost of taxis per person will drop as the fare is by taxi. With that many people in your group the minibus shuttles or taxis would be easier to organize and fewer hassles, taxi and minibus shuttles go right down to the beach, up and down a hill, the bus does not, and not much waiting while you might have to wait for a bus and the whole group might not be able to get on one bus as it may filled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Family Vacation of 16, possibly 18 will be on Breakaway May 28th-June 3rd. I have heard some horror stories of bad waves on way there and back? We have cruised the caribbean through some pretty rough storms....anything to be worried about? also what will weather be like there and back? and in Bermuda? we have 8 small children, teens, young 20's and the parents in low 50's Is there a cheaper way to get us all to say Horsehoe Beach. It is my family of teens and mid 20 somethings, and My brother and wife and their 8 children (4, 6,7,8,9,13,17, and 19)... (and a close family friend to help babysit!) All that can get kinda pricey just getting to beach. Other than Horseshoe, what else should we do while we re there for the 3 days. We can also choose to leave kids on boat one day and do some exploring with kids staying on boat!

Besides the beach, here is a partail list of things to see, visit, or do:

Along the South Shore about 30 minutes from Hamilton and 30 minutes from the Dockyard:

• go to the beach, most popular -
    (#7);
  • walk the beach path that connects 5 beaches, start at Warwick Bay, and end at Horseshoe Bay because HSB has complete facilities (Thx to mbr Charles4515) (#7);
  • go horseback riding on trails (#8);
  • climb a lighthouse - Gibbs L/H (#7),
  • off the beach snorkeling at
    (not protected), near Horseshoe Bay;
  • get a day pass at a private beach resort (#7).

Hamilton, at or nearby:

At or near St George or convenient to when visiting there:

At or near the Dockyard:

Close to the Dockyard but not within walking distance:

Not close to any of the above, but somewhat close to each other:

The number (##) following some of the attractions is the bus route that the attraction is closest to.

If you find a link that is broken. please post back.

SBtS