Something similar to Celebrity's Cafe al Bachio on Dream?

thomaskuhn

Our family will be heading out on the Dream next year. My mother loved Cafe al Bachio on Celebrity (tea, snacks, etc) and i was wondering if there is a place similar on the Dream? From my reading, i am thinking the Vista Cafe. Thoughts?

Edited by thomaskuhn

from what you describe, I would try Cove Cafe. Its on the pool deck next to the adult pool area. Its a specialty coffee shop, a bar, a place to get little afternoon sweets too. The sweets are free but the drinks are extra. We go almost every day for Frozen Mochachino

And Cove Cafe is larger, self contained area. We never went to the Vista Cafe, but it sounds similar. Cove Cafe is on all the ships, in the same location. I believe Vista Cafe is only on the Dream and Fantasy. We have been on all the ships and stick with Cove Cafe. Try them both !

Specialty coffees are available for purchase at both the cove cafe and the vista cafe.

The cove cafe is adults only, it's enclosed and has a coffee shop kind of feel to it.

The vista cafe is on the side and there are often character meet and greets done right next to / very near it. Seating is more open and it's not an enclosed area.

On Disney, they do not carry the selection of freshly made ice tea that Cafe Al Bacio does and I'm not certain of the hot teas. They do have similar specialty coffees though (Americano, Lattes, Machiattos, etc).

There are treats available but you may want to warn your mom that they are no where near the tasty cakes, pies and treats available at Cafe Al Bacio on Celebrity. They are usually small, one/two bite, only okay tasting treats. At cafe al bacio (at least on the Celebrity Summit), you recieved really wonderful slices of cakes, cheesecakes, fresh strawberry pies and to-die-for lemon tarts (not tiny fake lemon tartlets but large, tarty-lemon, tarts).

Here's a sampling of treats from the Vista cafe from the Fantasy:

100_1042_zps502c35e9.jpg

And the case of treats at Cafe Al Bacio:

celebritycruisejune2014116_zps59551214.jpg

We enjoyed Cafe Al Bacio on our Celebrity cruise 10x more than either of the coffee places on our Disney cruises but YMMV.

Edited by meatloafsfan

nice photos from Celebrity. But considering how much food there is on a cruise in general, the smaller finger sizes on DCL is really all we want for a little mid-day sweet.

Anyone can go to Cove Cafe, not just adults. But it a quieter place so the kids we have seen in there were with their parents and well behaved.

It is also a place where the crew can be found ordering a specialty coffee. We had have a couple of very interesting conversations with crew about the direction of the cruise line. Even spoke with one of the Captains once on the Magic about the new ships coming out.

nice photos from Celebrity. But considering how much food there is on a cruise in general, the smaller finger sizes on DCL is really all we want for a little mid-day sweet.

Anyone can go to Cove Cafe, not just adults. But it a quieter place so the kids we have seen in there were with their parents and well behaved.

It is also a place where the crew can be found ordering a specialty coffee. We had have a couple of very interesting conversations with crew about the direction of the cruise line. Even spoke with one of the Captains once on the Magic about the new ships coming out.

Cove Cafe is Adults only:

Cove Café is an adults-only lounge located on Deck 11, Forward next to Quiet Cove Pool on the Disney Dream. Open early for coffee, Cove Café is a refuge from the onboard bustle of the family areas.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/nightclubs-lounges/cove-cafe/

Edited by meatloafsfan

Cove Cafe is inside an area clearly marked as "This area intended for guests 18 and over." That's why they opened the Vista Cafe on the newer ships. Yes, some parents disregard the rules and bring in children...and the CM doesn't want to say anything because he wants his tips rather than an angry parent.

The Celebrity snacks were not big on the Infinity (but I agree they look big in the photo posted). There is a server handing them out when you indicate what you want. They had bite sized almond croissants that were AMAZING~