Target in FLL or Miami for pre-cruise shopping stuff

calenita

Coming in from Canada and are staying at the Yankee Clipper for our night before our cruise. Sailing out of Miami the next day. Want to shop at a Target or suburban mall (J.C. Penney) kind of place to pick up some last minute stuff before cruise. Some water, snorkeling stuff, sunscreen, maybe a swimsuit or so. Don't need anything fancy, just good price and accesible. Any suggestions? Thanks all.

Yes. We are going to rent a car with Dollar at FLL and then returning it the next day at South Beach location and taking a shuttle from there to the port for our cruise. (Do you know where that Dollar drop off location is? the reservation says Mosaic South Beach-MIAC02/Hotel/MIAMI BEACH.) For our family of five it works out cheaper than a shuttle and taxis, plus we wanted to do some shopping.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a Target:

As you going south on I-95 into Miami, go east on I-195 towards Miami Beach. You'll only be on this freeway for a moment. Take the Miami Avenue exit. At the bottom of the exit ramp, turn right (south) onto Miami Avenue. There is a brand new Target about a block south of where you got off I-195, on your left. It has a parking garage which will cost you a dollar or less, unless you stay there for several hours. Take your parking ticket into the store with you because you have to use the machines outside the store to pay for parking or validate your ticket. Parking is free for the first hour. Then $1.00 for something like 2-3 hours, and another dollar for 3 to ?? hours. There is also a Circuit City, Linen 'N Things, a TJ Max (I think, could be a Marshall's), and some other clothing stores.

To continue on to the pier, retrace your steps getting back onto I-95 south and following the signs to Port of Miami.

Still hoping for an answer to my question if anyone knows a Target or a mall with a store like J.C. Penney near the Yankee Clipper or on our way to the port in Miami that would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks

There is a Target in Ft. Lauderdale that is at the intersection of Oakland Park Blvd & Federal Highway. You can take A1A north to Oakland Park Blvd from the Yankee Clipper, go west on Oakland Park Blvd until just before you reach Federal Highway which is also US1. It will be on your right hand side as you are going west & the turn into the shopping center is actually before you reach the intersection. There is also a Publix grocery store, TJ Maxx, Marshalls as well as the Target. No Penney's in Ft. Lauderdale that would be close to the Yankee Clipper.

Not sure if this is the same Target already mentioned, but we always go to the Target in Plantation (I believe). It is right across the street from the Broward Mall which has a JC Penney. We always use the public transportation (City bus) and it takes awhile because of all the stops and having to transfer downtown. Not sure how long it takes by car.

Go with what Alaskabound0507 said, the Oakland Park Blvd and US1 Target shopping area called Coral Ridge Mall, liquor store, a small strip shopping center. Just so you know, US1 and Federal Hwy are the same road and that is the main road near you. The Yankee Clipper is nice and within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and bars but no shopping areas are near.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the information. DD13 needs a new swimsuit - I think - and they have not come out yet in cold Canada so I thought taking her to Target or Penneys would work to get a new one for her so she will have more than one swimsuit for the trip.

I've been reading about the water on our ship - the Jewel - and I think we may skip the bottled water, maybe just take some crystal light packs and our own bottles. That will be up to DH.

BUT there are always the last minute necessities and we can't have a trip stateside without hitting a shop or two and that will be our only time. Thanks again.

There is a Target in Ft. Lauderdale that is at the intersection of Oakland Park Blvd & Federal Highway. You can take A1A north to Oakland Park Blvd from the Yankee Clipper, go west on Oakland Park Blvd until just before you reach Federal Highway which is also US1. It will be on your right hand side as you are going west & the turn into the shopping center is actually before you reach the intersection. There is also a Publix grocery store, TJ Maxx, Marshalls as well as the Target. No Penney's in Ft. Lauderdale that would be close to the Yankee Clipper.

Do you know how far away this is from the FLL port? I will be needing to take a taxi and having them wait for us.

Archived