Taking the RER from CDG Airport

2pbears

Last year when we were in Paris we contemplated taking the RER into Paris from the airport but when it came right down to it we were so wiped out from flying all night that we just hopped in a taxi and took the easy way out.

This year we are again thinking we may try the RER as our hotel is right next to the Saint Michel Metro station. It looks as though we would get off the RER at Saint Michel-Notre Dame and then walk through an underground tunnel to exit at Saint Michel. Is anyone familiar with this area? Are there lots of stairs to navigate? I know some of the metro stations had two or three flights of stairs to deal with, which is fine unless you are toting luggage (which we will be).

• 2 weeks later...

There's an elevator in the St. Michel-Notre Dame station using Sortie (Exit) 6. I believe the other RER exits have escalators, but you may have one final set of stairs to get to street level. I'm not sure about the St. Michel métro station. I would take the elevator and then walk to the hotel at street level.

Be prepared that elevators or escalators could be out of order though.

Your hotel might have information on their website or you could email them. You could also do a search or post a question on the Tripadvisor Paris forum. You'd likely get a response from someone who could give exact information based on prior experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Be prepared that elevators or escalators could be out of order though.

Haha ! :D:D So true... Everyone who went to the huge underground tunnel of Montparnasse knows that ! :D

There is no elevator directly to the street (or i never paid attention), but there is not a lot of stairs... It's not the worst station. You can do it easily. :)

Then, you have just a 5min walk to your hotel.