Caye Caulker Water Taxi and time zone check

lifeofleisure

Hi we are planning on going to Caye Caulker on may 6th and had the goal of spending the most time away from belize city. Our ship arrives at 8am and leaves at 5pm. We are departing from miami so i believe ship time stays on EST?. Does that mean we will be docking at 6am or 7am belize time (i heard they may not be observing DST)? it seems that the earliest water taxi out there is at 8am? and then the last water taxi we could take out is 1:30 (but is that cutting it too close depending on local vs ship time)?

Hi we are planning on going to Caye Caulker on may 6th and had the goal of spending the most time away from belize city. Our ship arrives at 8am and leaves at 5pm. We are departing from miami so i believe ship time stays on EST?. Does that mean we will be docking at 6am or 7am belize time (i heard they may not be observing DST)? it seems that the earliest water taxi out there is at 8am? and then the last water taxi we could take out is 1:30 (but is that cutting it too close depending on local vs ship time)?

I haven't been, but am researching the same trip. Ship does stay on EST, and Belize will be 2 hours BEHIND. Like yours, our trip arrives in Belize at 8:00am EST (6:00am Belize). The Caye Caulker Water Taxi will be leavin Belize City at 8:00am Belize time. Leave Caye Caulker at 1:30pm Belize time, arrive in Belize City at 2:00 should work, I would think.

What I still want to know is how far is the Water Taxi place from the tendering place? If it's near, it should be easy.

CORRECTION: The Cay Caulker Water Taxi website says it is a 45 minute ride from Caye Caulker to Belize City, and a 5 minute walk to the cruise terminal. The website says you arrive back in Belize City at 2:30. Ship leaves at 3:00, so I'd say the last tender is much earlier than that. That doesnt add up, but people do it all the time so I dont know. Hopefully someone with experience will chime in and help us

Edited by YaWk3Y_BoMb3r

There are 2 water taxi companies to Caye Caulker. Caye Caulker Water Taxi leaves from it's terminal just beyond the foot of the Swing bridge on Front Street. Indeed about a 5-10 minute walk. And while they have an 8 AM taxi from Belize City, their earliest return is 10:30 AM followed by the 1:30PM you have noted.

The other water taxi company is San Pedro Belize Express. It leaves from the water taxi terminal which is nearly next door to the tender pier. So about a 2 minute walk after exiting the tender pier terminal (go left for both). They also have an 8 AM water taxi to CC as well as a 9AM and they have a Noon (Belize) return. I believe the costs are similar ($12.50 per adult). Their website is www(dot)belizewatertaxi(dot)com.