Labadee Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise

cantgetaname

Has anyone been on the Discover Haiti coastal cruise? I'd love to see some of the coastal area around Labadee and it sounds really interesting. And at 1 hr 45 minutes or so it should leave us time to look around Labadee and have lunch also. Anyone else been on it that can recommend it? How far around Labadee do they take you? Any chance to see Tortuga from the boat or is that too far away.

• 2 months later...

I took this tour last May since it was an accessible excursion and I was traveling with my mom who uses a scooter. She ended up not feeling up to going on the trip, so I took the excursion by myself.

The tour was fine. It was not very exciting but it was a nice way to kill time in the morning. We went out towards Amiga Island and Paradise Cove which is nice if you're interested in those excursions for the future since you get to see what they're like. I was interested in the Paradise Cove area because it looked like there were not very many people there and it was very beautiful. We did not see Tortuga.

Around the middle of the boat ride, some fishermen approached us and we stopped to look at their catch. They had some HUGE lobsters so that was pretty cool to see.

The guide was friendly and informative and told us a lot about the village near labadee where most of the workers there live and what their living conditions are like, but we didn't see very much.

I liked that it was early in the day and it wasn't too long, so I had plenty of time to do other things after the tour. :)

Ps here's the giant lobster:

ad6b2e43ae422e1a96b7c87b71047654.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk