Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel --- Any reviews?

cruise.mode

Has anyone stayed at the Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel on Kalakaua Avenue? Have heard it's a good value for the price, but wanted to know if any fellow cruisers have tried it. Prices don't include breakfast --- any reasonably priced places nearby?

I haven't stayed in that hotel, but have stayed in a couple of hotels very close to it. We've stayed in several Aston managed accommodations and have been happy with them, and reviews are good for Waikiki Circle ... and it's in a great location (right across from Waikiki Beach and convenient for walking to other places): http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g60982-d86984-Reviews-Aston_Waikiki_Circle_Hotel-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

It looks like a room on the 10th floor or above would be best for views.

A 5 minute walk south brings you to Wolfgang Puck Express and Starbuck's ... places that we've picked up a quick/inexpensive breakfast or lunch at in Waikiki.

Edited by Susan-M

• 2 weeks later...

We had considered this hotel for our precruise hotel but ended up at a different one. We went out shopping and for dinner and found ourselves right in front of the Waikiki Circle and we're glad we did not choose it because at 11pm the noise level from crowds of people and cars on the street would have made sure I never got a wink of sleep ;)

... because at 11pm the noise level from crowds of people and cars on the street would have made sure I never got a wink of sleep ;)

But you were still up at 11 ... maybe like you, many of those people and cars left and things quieted down? ;) Luckily we didn't have noise issues where we stayed in that area.

I didn't read through all of the TA reviews ... do people mention noise being a problem when staying at Waikiki Circle?

Edited by Susan-M

Has anyone stayed at the Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel on Kalakaua Avenue? Have heard it's a good value for the price, but wanted to know if any fellow cruisers have tried it. Prices don't include breakfast --- any reasonably priced places nearby?

Hi,,, we are booked to stay at the Aston Waikiki beach hotel.. they have a breakfast in a bag they give u to eat at the beach..... coffee juice water pastries ect........sounds good ... close to beach .. sounded good..so my TA suggested it... I was going to stay at the outrigger... but it close a lot more

we are staying 4 days before the cruise. In may

Hi,,, we are booked to stay at the Aston Waikiki beach hotel.. they have a breakfast in a bag they give u to eat at the beach..... coffee juice water pastries ect........sounds good ... close to beach .. sounded good..so my TA suggested it... I was going to stay at the outrigger... but it close a lot more

can't spell COST more.......

We stayed there a year ago and really enjoyed it! The breakfast is set up down by the pool and along with what you listed, it also includes yogurt, cereals, muffins, fresh fruit, coffee, soda pop, and milk. They also had fresh made Belgian waffles for a small additional fee. You can take your breakfast pretty much anywhere: across the street to the beach, back up to your room, or you can find a spot around the pool and listen to the gentleman playing the guitar and singing Hawaiian songs. Of course, keep in mind some of this may have changed over the last year. We had a blast. :) Hope you enjoy it!

We stayed there a year ago and really enjoyed it! The breakfast is set up down by the pool and along with what you listed, it also includes yogurt, cereals, muffins, fresh fruit, coffee, soda pop, and milk. They also had fresh made Belgian waffles for a small additional fee. You can take your breakfast pretty much anywhere: across the street to the beach, back up to your room, or you can find a spot around the pool and listen to the gentleman playing the guitar and singing Hawaiian songs. Of course, keep in mind some of this may have changed over the last year. We had a blast. :) Hope you enjoy it!

Good to hear this - we just booked the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise in May. We actually got it on a name-your-own-price site assuming this is the hotel we would get after doing our research. Very happy it includes breakfast!