1st post - Epic Studio cabin and meeting people question

FlyinEMT

Hi everyone, havent been on these boards in many years since my last cruise almost 8 years ago. Looking to book early 2015 on the Epic and am thinking about trying it solo in a studio cabin. I was wondering from anyone with first hand knowledge if it is that hard to meet people to do things with. I'm a 47 y/o male from Michigan, divorced for about a year, and very active outside. I most concerned about dining. I dont really want to spend the cruise sitting by myself in the corner for every meal. Whats the typical male to female ratio for the studio cabins. It would be fantastic to hit it off with someone right away and have someone to eat and do some activities with. Are there a lot of oppurtunities to meet other singles ? Any inside info would be great. Want to book soon and actually have a couple friends that would go with me but I just always wanted to try it alone but dont want to regret the decision.

Thanks !!!!

Doug:cool:

They do a Singles Meet up each night in the studio lounge for any singles cruising (you don't have to have a cabin in the studio lounge). I'm booked on the Jan 11th sailing, and I know there are quite a few of us Solo travelers on the roll call... you may want to check out the roll calls for the sailing you're looking at to see if there are any other solo cruisers (not all solo cruisers are "single")

the prices on the Epic for the solo cabins in early 2015 are super low!

I've never done the solo travel, but couldn't pass up the pricing!

if you decide to join us on the 11th, come on over to our roll call!

Don't worry about eating alone, there is a Singles Meeting every evening, it will be posted in the Living Room and in the Daily. Those that want to eat with the group are more than welcome, and other things are also done with the group. Going up to the Fabba and White Hot parties. People also do excursions together and go to the shows, and karaoke and other things as well.

You can even do specialty restaurants, usually someone will post on the board that they are going on such a night and the Solo coordinator will make the reservations.

Don't worry about being left in a corner, if you are outgoing and friendly and not too strange you'll have a great time! Hang out in the Living Room have a drink at the bar there, or get yourself a nice fancy coffee from the free machine there. I can't recommend sailing in the studio cabins enough! I am not outgoing but fit in and and a lot of fun on the EPIC.

I've cruised in the studios on Epic twice and highly recommend it!

Like the others have said, there are "solo gatherings" every night, where anyone who happens to be traveling solo can join in, whether you're in a studio or not. There's a special "Solo Coordinator" who is assigned to the solos group and coordinates group outings and dinners for anyone who wants to join in.

Go! :)