Accessible Balcony

orion7144

There were no balcony HC rooms available when we booked our cruise almost a year ago. My question is, with all the posts you see about non HC persons booking those rooms, if you were next to a HC room and noticed they were able bodied would you go to guest services?

There were no balcony HC rooms available when we booked our cruise almost a year ago. My question is, with all the posts you see about non HC persons booking those rooms, if you were next to a HC room and noticed they were able bodied would you go to guest services?

No. Just because you may perceive that the individual(s) are abled bodied it isn't proof that they booked that room under false pretenses. There are many reasons that a person may need the features of an accessible cabin which are not visible to the general public and it appears that the individual may be abled-bodied. The lack of mobility aids is not proof enough. For example for many years after my diagnosis of MS my symptoms were not visible to the average person as did not require use of mobility aids therefore I appeared to be abled-bodied. Yet I required a zero threshold shower with a fold down seat , raised toilet and grab bars . Therefore booked an accessible cabin as I required the features contained in that room and could attest to the need.

It also could mean that an accessible cabin became available after the final payment period has past and being there was no one on a waiting list for an accessible cabin the cruise line assigned it as a guaranteed booking. Under these circumstance the individuals booked in that cabin is under no obligation to give it up and change with you.

Bottom line one would need to be 100% certain and have proof that the individual(s) that they perceive to be abled-bodied are indeed abled-bodied and that they fraudulently booked an accessible cabin before going to Guest Services. Beside Guest Services is limited to the questions that can be asked of the individuals in that cabin. Additionally Guest Services cannot disclose any information to you regarding that booking.

Edited by xxoocruiser