Help ASAP please : )

gamecockinnc

We are planning a cruise on the Disney Fantasy for December 3rd.

Crushing will be my parents, myself, my 15 son and my 5 year old son.

My mother is disabled and using an electric wheelchair.

The plan was for my parents and I to take my youngest son on this cruise as a surprise as he's turning 6 during the cruise.

Unfortunately my eldest son just started college and can't go with us but I put in a request to my middle sons high school and they have agreed to allow him to go.

So here is the question. And I apologize in advance but we must decide today.

We are in disabled equipped deluxe balcony cabin. The cabin will sleep 5 but we are unsure if we should book another cabin for the boys and myself.

Having 5 people in a cabin may be too much. Especially since 4 of the 5 of us are adult size.

Could someone give me any feedback on this? Saving money is always great but 7 nights of not sleeping well could be an issue. My mom doesn't sleep well anyway and is often in pain and I worry the boys and I could disturb her. She's a very light sleeper.

Of course my mother is saying it isn't a problem and she will be fine but that is her personality.

How large are these cabins and will 5 of us truly be comfortable? Or should I bite the bullet and book another cabin for the boys and myself?

We are on the clock and must put down our deposit today so please answer if you can.

Regards,

T

Five in a cabin where four are adult size will be tight. Also verify that an accessible cabin can handle that. Also the wheelchair will take up a lot of floor space.

Best option for that many might be to see if there is an inside cabin available nearby that can handle three. Besides, the extra bathroom would be very handy with that many.

Five in a cabin where four are adult size will be tight. Also verify that an accessible cabin can handle that. Also the wheelchair will take up a lot of floor space.

Best option for that many might be to see if there is an inside cabin available nearby that can handle three. Besides, the extra bathroom would be very handy with that many.

I agree. While a handicap room is larger, it's not much larger and it will be especially clumsy with your high schoolers who will probably be coming and going while your 6 year-old is sleeping.

Looks like your best plan is the one you have in mind with a separate room.

Keep in mind that you may be required to have at least one person over 21 reserved in each room to book.

We are planning a cruise on the Disney Fantasy for December 3rd.

Crushing will be my parents, myself, my 15 son and my 5 year old son.

My mother is disabled and using an electric wheelchair.

The plan was for my parents and I to take my youngest son on this cruise as a surprise as he's turning 6 during the cruise.

Unfortunately my eldest son just started college and can't go with us but I put in a request to my middle sons high school and they have agreed to allow him to go.

So here is the question. And I apologize in advance but we must decide today.

We are in disabled equipped deluxe balcony cabin. The cabin will sleep 5 but we are unsure if we should book another cabin for the boys and myself.

Having 5 people in a cabin may be too much. Especially since 4 of the 5 of us are adult size.

Could someone give me any feedback on this? Saving money is always great but 7 nights of not sleeping well could be an issue. My mom doesn't sleep well anyway and is often in pain and I worry the boys and I could disturb her. She's a very light sleeper.

Of course my mother is saying it isn't a problem and she will be fine but that is her personality.

How large are these cabins and will 5 of us truly be comfortable? Or should I bite the bullet and book another cabin for the boys and myself?

We are on the clock and must put down our deposit today so please answer if you can.

Regards,

T

Don't think any Disney ship has an accessible that will accommodate 5 people . Even if Disney will agree to having 5th person probably requires having a roll-away brought in for the 5th person which will further reduce the floor place as the 3& 4th person sleep on a pull out sofa bed. Personally Id be concerned about your mother's ability to move about the cabin in her wheelchair.

Don't think any Disney ship has an accessible that will accommodate 5 people . Even if Disney will agree to having 5th person probably requires having a roll-away brought in for the 5th person which will further reduce the floor place as the 3& 4th person sleep on a pull out sofa bed. Personally Id be concerned about your mother's ability to move about the cabin in her wheelchair.

The Disney wonder has wheelchair balcony rooms that sleep 5. Queen bed for 2. Futon for 1, bunk above it for 1 and a pull down murphy bed for the 5th. Cabin 7638 is one of them.

Edited by DisneyKidsDad

I just wanted to say thank you. We were actually able to get the connecting cabin to my parents. I feel so much better now. With my parents health I will be right with them and can assist. Wow. Thank you so much for just calling and asking and explaining. It just shows experienced cruisers still need advice and help and we can all contribute and help each other. Thank you again!!!

... It just shows experienced cruisers still need advice and help and we can all contribute and help each other. Thank you again!!!

... Given that you are a Gamecock in enemy territory, we Tar Heels are still an accommodating lot. At least this one (me).