Best Western Plus/Newark Airport West

rtb

Would anyone who has personal experiences give me positives or negatives on staying at this hotel, using the shuttle to ship, parking car, area etc. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

I will post some links when I get home. Not located in the best area for leaving a car. Look at the Ramada on trinityreservations.com with 21 days free parking and rt port transportation for a little over $200 tax included.

I will post some links when I get home. Not located in the best area for leaving a car. Look at the Ramada on trinityreservations.com with 21 days free parking and rt port transportation for a little over $200 tax included.

Thank you for your input....I was hoping for better results, we use their loyalty program. Again thank you

I don't have any personal experience with the hotel. However, several years ago I was going to do a park/sleep there, but there were disturbing reports of car vandalism.

Feedback has been mixed. I met folks who were flying in late for a cruise the next day, and they found the hotel to be fine for one night. However, it is located on the west side of the airport and is more accessible to random folks from the local area. It is definitely not an area where you want to wander outside the hotel. They have buffed up the hotel, but there's nothing they can do about the location.

Here are some older posts. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35582273&highlight=western#post35582273

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33266528&highlight=western#post33266528

The location hasn't improved. I would never leave a car there.

Could you tell us more about your overall plans? It looks like you're on a three day Quantum cruise in Nov. If you're driving in from Ohio, have you considered coming in to the Parsipanny NJ area, getting a Hotwire room, and then driving to the port and parking there for your cruise?

The location hasn't improved. I would never leave a car there.

Could you tell us more about your overall plans? It looks like you're on a three day Quantum cruise in Nov. If you're driving in from Ohio, have you considered coming in to the Parsipanny NJ area, getting a Hotwire room, and then driving to the port and parking there for your cruise?

Yes we are coming in for the Quantum pre-inaugural and the next cruise, we have come into Cape Liberty three times and have had problems each time. Thought maybe we could leave the driving to someone else this time.:)

So what are your exact dates for the two cruises? What kind of problems did you have getting to Cape Liberty in the past?

The first cruise starts November 16th....the problems were AAA directions first time/we were on our way into New York city:eek: and Garmin the next two. One time it took us to a road and it was a dead end.

Could you provide exact dates? I can't find nov 16 - is it a private invite only sailing? I'm trying to figure out how many total nights you will be away to see if parking at the pier is a better option for you.

I'm not a fan of some of the AAA directions I've seen and GPS devices are notoriously bad in the area. I have written directions for getting to the port from Exit 14 A on the turnpike that work very well for folks.

If you're sailing Sun Nov 16 that's perfect for the Parisippany plan because Sun morning is the best day of the week to go to Cape Liberty.

Could you provide exact dates? I can't find nov 16 - is it a private invite only sailing? I'm trying to figure out how many total nights you will be away to see if parking at the pier is a better option for you.

I'm not a fan of some of the AAA directions I've seen and GPS devices are notoriously bad in the area. I have written directions for getting to the port from Exit 14 A on the turnpike that work very well for folks.

If you're sailing Sun Nov 16 that's perfect for the Parisippany plan because Sun morning is the best day of the week to go to Cape Liberty.

Thank you for your help, I will look for those directions and maybe go for it.:)

Here are the directions.

Directions from NJ Turnpike Exit 14A into Cape Liberty

Please print out my directions. Others have followed them successfully. The signage is poor. When you come through the toll plaza there are lots of choices and you have to make a quick decision as to where you are going. For a first timer there's not time to stop and try to spot the correct little sign and I'm not sure the names of all the streets are clearly marked. GPS is notoriously bad in this area.

After you pay your toll you go straight across the toll plaza and get on a 2 lane ramp that goes up and curves left. This is hard to miss. On the ramp you stay on the right and make the first right, stay to the right and make another right. You will come to the light at route 440 where you will make a left, stay left, and make a left at the first light onto Goldsborough Drive. Route 440 is a four lane divided highway. You can only turn left at a traffic light - going south the first light is now at Goldsborough Drive. The left turn into the port used to be at Port Terminal Blvd (and it still is coming the other way), but they shut down that turn fairly recently and made Goldsborough Drive the main port access road coming from the north. Goldsborough Drive will merge with Port Terminal Blvd. You will be able to see the ship and you just follow the crowd about 2 miles out to the ship.

Here are the directions.

Directions from NJ Turnpike Exit 14A into Cape Liberty

Please print out my directions. Others have followed them successfully. The signage is poor. When you come through the toll plaza there are lots of choices and you have to make a quick decision as to where you are going. For a first timer there's not time to stop and try to spot the correct little sign and I'm not sure the names of all the streets are clearly marked. GPS is notoriously bad in this area.

After you pay your toll you go straight across the toll plaza and get on a 2 lane ramp that goes up and curves left. This is hard to miss. On the ramp you stay on the right and make the first right, stay to the right and make another right. You will come to the light at route 440 where you will make a left, stay left, and make a left at the first light onto Goldsborough Drive. Route 440 is a four lane divided highway. You can only turn left at a traffic light - going south the first light is now at Goldsborough Drive. The left turn into the port used to be at Port Terminal Blvd (and it still is coming the other way), but they shut down that turn fairly recently and made Goldsborough Drive the main port access road coming from the north. Goldsborough Drive will merge with Port Terminal Blvd. You will be able to see the ship and you just follow the crowd about 2 miles out to the ship.

Thank you.....