Hyatt Place-91 Southwest 18th, Dania Beach

Meena

This year we are staying at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach prior to our cruise. We previously had stayed at the Hyatt Place on 10th Ave right in Ft. Lauderdale. My question is what is around this Hyatt in Dania Beach as there wasn't much around the one on 10th street. There was a small plaza behind the 10th street hotel with not a big selection of restaurants. I think my husband said he heard there was a mall around the one we are going to stay at. We like things that are within walking distance. Can someone please tell me what we can expect to find!! Thanks.

Oakwood Plaza is across Stirling Rd. Here you'll find a few chain restaurants. There is absolutely nothing upscale in the area. There is Kmart, BJ's, Marshall's, Ross, Burger King McDonalds, Taco Bell, Chipotle. If you walk further into Oakwood, you'll find Moonlite Diner, Hollywood Ale House (recommended), TGIF, Sweet Tomatoes, Red Lobster, Regal cinemas, Dave & Busters arcade & dining. I'm sure I forgot something.

When you stayed at the Hyatt Place north of the airport, you didn't venture far...there are dozens of restaurants within walking distance. If you are looking for an area with more interesting restaurants, you should stay at Riverside Hotel downtown or at the beach.

Edited by royalcruz