my first cruise

melb78

hi guys im going on my first cruise full stop. my partner and i are going on the jewel from melbourne on the 8/3 taste of tasmaina were staying on deck 10 in a inside room and wondering what the rooms are like and is it worth paying to dine at salt.

hi guys im going on my first cruise full stop. my partner and i are going on the jewel from melbourne on the 8/3 taste of tasmaina were staying on deck 10 in a inside room and wondering what the rooms are like and is it worth paying to dine at salt.

Welcome Melb78. If you are like most of us it will be the start of an addiction. The rooms are fine with plenty of storage. We have had a meal at Salt only once because the restaurant food has been fine. Last cruise we had lunch at Salt Grill for our anniversary and it was absolutely delicious with wonderful service.

Hi melb78,

Welcom to cruising. :) I'm going on that cruise too with my son and his girlfriend and it will be my first. :)

I'm really looking forward to it and am presently looking at the tours to see which ones I will go on. I'm a lady in my sixties and not very fit and so a great deal of walking is out. :) We're going to have lunch at the Salt and have heard that it is worth the money.

I noticed you asked about drinks (I assume alcoholic) and although I'm new at this too I think you will have to start a new thread to ask about that to get any feedback. As people answer threads by looking at the main subject matter.

Happy Cruising!!

You are able to pre-purchase packages for cruises longer than 5 days. One we have used is the Special Occasions Package at $199.

Includes Moet & Chandon Brut Imperial, dinner at Salt grill for two people, Ernest Hillier boxed chocolates, $50 onboard credit. See, http://www.pocruises.com.au/brochures/pages/brochure-special-occasions.aspx

Rooms are of a good size. If you have booked a guaranteed category room this allows for you to be upgraded. I generally get upgraded to a oceanview FOC.

Dining at SALT is well worth it - you can order as much as you like and the liquorice parfait is delicious - it sounds gross but is amazing!

In terms of drinks they are reasonably priced - check out ozcruising website in the document section of your cruise to see a price list for drinks - prices have gone up slightly but not by much.

Enjoy your cruise I would love to do Tassie! Make sure you post about your experience ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums