Traveling with a toddler on HAL questions

Shutterbug623

We will be traveling with our 13 month old (and our whole extended family, ages 1-well, my mom) on the Zaandam in Alaska this summer, and I had some questions for someone who's been there.

1) does anyone know what kind of cribs they have? Are they actual pack n plays or something else? (My sister-in-law said their last Carnival cruise had metal cribs.)

2) milk - do they have whole milk on board?

3) snacks - DD is not a picky eater, but I'd like to have something with us in port for her to munch on if need be. Do they have cereal like Cheerios on the buffet? (Not a first time cruiser, but I have always skipped the cereal at breakfast, so I have no recollection of what's there.). Is it kosher to grab some to take with us? (Or some bread or a banana or whatever?) Are you allowed to take that sort of thing off the boat? Or should I bring my own snacks?

4) any other tips and tricks? I've read a lot of the other traveling with toddlers threads.

Thanks!

You are not allowed to bring fresh fruit off the ship. Sealed yoghurt or prepackaged cereals are fine. 2 years ago Hal had Cheerios (princess did not) but I'd contact them if it is a deal breaker for you. On the first day bring a diaper bag to the buffet and get a bunch of cereals to bring on excursions and to have in your room for snacks. Whenever my toddler got fussy on excursions I'd let him choose a new cereal and he was all happy again.

Hal provided a pack n play, which looked similar to graco - not metal or hard at all.

We brought a 4-pack of applesauce squeeze packets with us (our son is older, but a super picky eater, so we like having snacks for excursion days). The applesauce packs are all under 100ml each, so they can go in our flight carry ons, if need be. Otherwise, we will buy them once we get to our departure destination, especially if there is a supermarket nearby.

Edited by Pitzel