Voyager......wonderful

RMS Olympic

Just got home from the Voyager...my second time on her and I think she has gotten better. I must admit I missed some of the International staff, but the current crew was just wonderful.

Foe those that know Jose the bartender...he was great as ever. The Observation lounge had a pianist...Mr. Messina who was great and a guitarist that was incredible. Mr. Conroy....keep that man on board.

Latitudes was to die for...much better than the last time. I told the maitreD that the lemon grass pumpkin soup was better than sex and to let the chef know....Gerry, the Chef came out to the table...what a nice man.

Food, wonderful, service impecable, ship great...what can I say. Jamie and his wife were the resident Cruise directors...super.

Radisson has now become my favourite line, and I look forward to my 5th cruise very soon.

If anyone has any questions....fire away.

Tom

Glad to hear such great reports! I don't think I know Jose the bartender but I'm sure crazy about bartenders Garreth, Felimo and Sonny and several of the barmaids too. I feel like they're family. So the lemon grass pumpkin soup is better than sex huh? I've never tasted that but I'll have to try it (without telling my husband of course in case I concur with you!)

Nick is now a provisions office on board and not in direct contact with the passengers. This cruise Jose was at the pool bar, Vincent in the observation lounge, and Garreth was in the bar just out side of Signatures.

The ship seems to have gotten better with age.....crew was just fantastic. Only recommendation to Mr. Conroy is to do something with the music in Signatures.......didnt fit the atmosphere.

I must admit......doing another cruise line has now become even more difficult having sailed this line once again. Now to look into the PG to see how she looks post refit.

Hey radisson...on you next build...increase the size of the steam room and sauna...wayy too small and drains should be in each corner of the steam room. Come to think of it....cabin showers should have drains in each corner. Depending of the list of the ship.........the single drain is inadequate. This is not an issue to Rad ships.......all seem to have this problem, but let Rad be the first to address it.

Luv my Rad!

Tom aka Bertha

Whalebone, please answer some questions. We leave on Sat. on our 4th. Voyager. We are thrilled to know that "Mr. and Mrs. Jaime" will be aboard. Yes ?

They are fantastic. We have had fun with them on 2 voyages. Wow ! this is something to look forward to.

I guess that you embarked in Ft. Lauderdale. Was the ship clear by noon ?

I believe that friend Capt. Knut is leaving and that Capt. Dag will be skipper. Right ?

Which ports did you hit ?

Maybe we should e-mail each other since your observations are so acute.

Knut was the Captain, but I do not know whether he is leaving. Jamie and wife were great and will be on board.

I boarded in Ft lauderdale.....I was on board the ship by 12:30 quarter to 1:00. cabins were not ready, but I went to my cabin at 2:30 and my luggage was already on the bed.

Ports were St. Thomas, San Juan, Nassau and Gran Turks.

Ports were not important to me...being on the ship was.

Garreth (the bartender) was at the end of his contract and was going home...I will be surprised if he comes back to Radisson........very strange attitude on his part.

Ship condition was excellent although some carpeting will need replacement in the near future.

The one big change you may notice is the Phillipino crew as compared to the European crew of the past. Crew was excellent though and much much superior to that on HAL.

If you have any questions, let me know or e-mail me directly.

Tom...hate this Whalebone name they gave me.....

Tom: We are taking our first RSSC cruise soon (L.A. to Sydney - 23 days).

Can you tell us if there are CD players in the staterooms - or should we bring our own.

Love all these positive comments on this thread. Will look out for the names mentioned here.

Thanks

I have to agree!

I just got off my Voyager cruise and I was thrilled with it. As many of you may already know, I went solo and I'm 28 years old.

I'm okay traveling alone, but the part that intimidated me was the dining room. This turned out just fine. I would go in every night and ask to be seated with other people. There are always people taht want to eat with new people, so this wasn't a problem. if you have a problem being sociable, the wine at dinner makes it pretty easy to loosen up! I'm a very social person, so this wasn't an issue for me. I also dined in Latitudes solo. They will accomodate people who want to dine with a group in there, but it's a little strange since it's served family style and the people you are eating with are all strangers.

I went on a 5-day cruise, and it's true. This did attract a younger crowd, but I spent a lot of time talking/dining with seniors. These are some interesting people and I loved sharing stories with them. I would not worry about the age difference....I know a lot of people do.

The one thing that I didn't read on here was how easy debarkation was. I guess it makes sense because it's such a small ship, but everyone was off by 9:30ish but you could have gotten off a lot earlier if you requested. I should have booked an earlier flight.

Archived