Mero Beach, Scott's Head or Champagne?

Royalcot

• 1 month later...

I'm also interested to hear if there is anyone out there who has snorkeled both Champagne and Scott's Head. We did Champagne 2 years ago and it was great. Some of the most enjoyable snorkeling I've done in the Caribbean. I've heard Scott's Head requires a lot longer swim out from shore. Anyone with first hand experience?

We spent a week diving in dominica and while champagne is unique, after about 10 minutes we had the been there, done that feeling. Scotts head has a lot nicer coral type snorkeling/diving to see more "stuff". Scotts head coral is a little further out from shore but still not very far.

• 3 weeks later...
We spent a week diving in dominica and while champagne is unique, after about 10 minutes we had the been there, done that feeling. Scotts head has a lot nicer coral type snorkeling/diving to see more "stuff". Scotts head coral is a little further out from shore but still not very far.

Thanks for the info. We'll have to try Scott's Head the next time I get a chance to get back to Dominica.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have only been to Champagne so I can't comment on the others. It is a rock beach. No sand. When we were there, the water was rough and I got badly scraped up with the surf and the rocks. The snorkeling was great in terms of stuff to see and I saw some squid which I've never seen anywhere else. There are also a lot of rocks in the water so you have be careful not to scrape your knees snorkeling. There was a dive shop on site, but we brought our own equipment. I didn't think the bubbles were anything to write home about. Occasional little bubbles coming up, but certainly not like a jacuzzi. I would save a beach trip for a different island and spend your time in Dominica exploring this beautiful island's inland offerings. Maybe do a boat snorkeling trip if offered. We hired a driver for the day and crammed in as much as possible. Highly recommended.

• 2 months later...

I haven't been to champagne but I have been to Scott's. It's really a good place to snorkel. The swim isn't too far out. We snorkeled for a couple hours there. If you go down towards the end and go out, that's where we saw the best stuff. If you swim far enough out you can see a drop off and we could see about 70' the day we were there. Not sure if a city bus would go there so hire a local driver. There's not much waves there so don't let the swim out scare you. It really isn't bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums