Progreso bus?

cefcdana

I am confused about where to catch the bus to Merida?

Do I ride by Autoprogreso free shuttle down pier, get off, and then walk to an AP main bus station to catch a bus to Merida? If so, how long is the walk to the bus station?

We dock at 9 am and I need to catch a bus to Merida by 9:30 am. Trying to figure out if that is feasible. Thanks!

I seems as you are not doing a booked excursion so you will need to ride the bus from the pier directly to the Autoprogreso bus station. Then get on the bus to Merida. If you have a strict 9:30 arrival time I doubt you will make it since in general the buses will not depart until full so they do not have a set schedule.

Oh, interesting. I had heard they leave every 10 minutes or so. Well, it will be an adventure. We are meeting a tour company at 10:30 am in Merida. I guess I will let them know we might not make it. Or maybe we need to take a taxi. Thank you so much for your help. With all the buses and pier and shuttle talk in other threads, it is confusing to try and figure out what is what and where we need to be.

Are you taking an AutoProgreo bus to Merida or other one? I've been to Progreso 7 or 8 times and can't recal ever seeing an taxis at the pier, just the AP busses that take you in the central bus station. We have never waited very long for the AP bus to leave the pier but your time line might be cutting it a little too close.

Good to know there are no taxis as the pier. I guess I meant we could take a taxi into Merida (from Progreso I suppose) since I have heard a taxi drive to Merida is a little bit faster than the bus. It's helpful to know that the time will be really tight. Thank you!

• 7 months later...

Two ways to do a DIY to Merida.

1. Take the Free ship to shore shuttle from the ship to the AutoProgreso "covered building" bus terminal. The public buses are only 1/2 block past the Auto Progreso building, across the street. You cannot miss it. You can actually see it from the AutoProgreso building.

2. Take a Taxi from the ship off the pier and ask to go to Merida. There are plenty of Taxis and Taxi vans. available.

If you never went to Merida before, ask the taxi to go down Paseo de Montejo (the main road with the mansions) and to drop you off at Plaza Grande at the Cathedral. That is where its all happening.

It will take approx. 45 minutes.