QM2 Gin

guernseyguy

Struggling for a present for a 'host who has everything' I settled on a bottle of QM2 Gin....rather hoping he'd open it after I'd gone. He did - and when I returned 5 months later I discovered he'd almost finished it......as its rather good!

I was half dreading some paint-stripping rot-gut - but no, quite the reverse, a rather smooth and refined gin - has anyone tried any of the other QM2 branded spirits?

Peter

has anyone tried any of the other QM2 branded spirits?

Not a spirit - but we tried the QE2/QM2 wine on the QE2 last Christmas. We rated it as poorer and not such good value for money as most of the other wines we had from the list:( Based on that experience I'd have suspected the spirits would also be poor. Do you think the Gin was worth buying to bring home?:)

Peter,

If you would like a report on the various ship brand spirits I suggest you purchase a bottle of each (bon voyage present) type and we will do the dirty work of taste testing. You don't need to purchase any Pol Acker.:p

Paul

I had a bottle of the QM2 vodka (bought on QE2). Not bad and I see the empty bottles are now selling on that auction site for $30! J

I'll have to tell him to make sure he does not throw it out.....it was a lot emptier after I left.....:eek:

Not a spirit - but we tried the QE2/QM2 wine on the QE2 last Christmas. We rated it as poorer and not such good value for money as most of the other wines we had from the list:( Based on that experience I'd have suspected the spirits would also be poor. Do you think the Gin was worth buying to bring home?:)

From what I saw at the shops they don't take proper care of the bottles and that would affect the wines and not so much (almost not at all) the spirits.

has anyone tried any of the other QM2 branded spirits?

Peter

Iv managed to obtain the set of 4 QM2 spirits as well as the wines, ,But they are all there looking at me. A bottle of the gin l bought a few years ago was opened and l must admit l was very impressed with it !!

Had they been QE2 l would have had them in a vault ages ago

But generally the Whisky they have tended to use for QE2 products is by Morrison Bowmore ltd In earlier years for the range of black ceramic bottles it was Bowmore whisky or in the very limited edition decanter it was Auchentoshan

Hmmm... Idea drink the spirits and sell the bottles.Hic. About how much do the spirits cost? I have not sailed Cunard since 2004. I remember them being not too expensive. Although I would probably keep/display the bottles.

Peter,

If you would like a report on the various ship brand spirits I suggest you purchase a bottle of each (bon voyage present) type and we will do the dirty work of taste testing. You don't need to purchase any Pol Acker.:p

Paul

Because I genuinely like you, Peter, I will sacrifice my taste buds (and temporary sanity) to make a full test of the Gin for you.

Of course, since you don't know that it is consistent all the way down, I feel that it is only accurate if I "sample" the entire bottle.

I'll let you know.

Send it over here.

Karie

Archived