air from pittsburgh or cleveland to honalulu

rein53

$980 for NCL-what a rip!!!!

Cheapest way is book a heavily discounted flight from Pittsburgh/Cleveland to LAX, then a separate ticket on Hawaiian/Aloha/ATA/Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays charter to Honolulu. Flights out of LAX are usually available for about $375.00. The problem is-you are flying Spring Break period. If you see something you like, BOOK IT NOW. It will only get more expensive.

Picking arbitrary dates in March 2008 (12th -20th), I can see prices out of both PIT and CLE on Delta and Continental for less than $700.00pp.

All flights-AA, United, US Air, even Alaska (co partnered with Continental) has flights for less than $800.00 on those dates.

Sometimes Southwest has good prices and flights to LAX from Pittsburgh. I just checked Southwests prices for Febuary and they were very good from Pittsburgh to LAX, stopping in either Midway or Las Vegas.

Then you can get a cheap flight from LAX to Honolulu on ATA or another airline.

Note that Southwest's flights from March 15 are not out yet, only out until March 7. Sometimes it is worth the wait, but if you see something now that appeals to you, take it.

LAX to HNL on ATA (partner with SWA) has some good fares at the end of feb.

Fares probably won't go down, but $980 sounds high...generally you can do better solo than thru the cruiseline I would think.......

good luck in booking.....(and pack LOTS of food/snacks....and stuff to do)

Also if doing a two-part ticket (i.e. CLE-LAX and LAX-HNL), be sure to leave plenty of connecting time at LAX in case there are delays of any sort. When you're doing a two-part ticket the airlines aren't responsible for getting you there if you miss your connection since their obligation ends when they get you to LAX.

Archived