Time of disembarking Caribbean Princess

Looking for the average time of disembarking Caribbean Princess and getting to Hobby? Last few weeks I see the ship on live cruise ship tracker site arriving at Bayport around 5am. I have 11:30 flight, only option where I am going. I know winter is a problem with fog but this will be in late April.

http://www.thecruisevillage.com/live-cruise-ship-tracker.phtml

Thinking of reserving a shuttle, they all have bad reviews. Are there lots of taxis waiting as a backup plan if shuttle don't show?

• 2 weeks later...

We will sail in April, I have a 10:30 Flight out. I give myself a 50% chance of making it.

We will be getting off the ship at 7:00, customs till 7:30 and have arrangements with Sherry @ Travel Zone to take us to IAH. The ride will take us 1 hour to get to the airport. If the security line is short we will have a shot.

Don't think fog will be a issue.

Looking for the average time of disembarking Caribbean Princess and getting to Hobby? Last few weeks I see the ship on live cruise ship tracker site arriving at Bayport around 5am. I have 11:30 flight, only option where I am going. I know winter is a problem with fog but this will be in late April.

http://www.thecruisevillage.com/live-cruise-ship-tracker.phtml

Thinking of reserving a shuttle, they all have bad reviews. Are there lots of taxis waiting as a backup plan if shuttle don't show?

You will make it off the ship by 9 am latest. You should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Houston yesterday. I worked like clockwork. We walked off ship at 7:35 ( scheduled for 7:10). Customs was 5 minutes, as we were one of the first in line, there are 10 rows of custom agents. Our shuttle who we prearranged with Sherry from Travel Zone to take us to IAH was waiting for us right outside the doors, he was 1st in line. And we were at the airport by 9:00. The security line has 2 people in front of us and we were at the gate by 9:15.

Our flight started boarding on time at 10:00 and left as scheduled at 10:30.

There are many things that could have gone wrong. Fog for one, the ship not clearing customs on time, the shuttle bus not being there, security line at the airport; but with a little luck and careful planning it worked like a charm.

We booked the early flight because it was extremely discounted when we purchased.

Just returned from Houston yesterday. I worked like clockwork. We walked off ship at 7:35 ( scheduled for 7:10). Customs was 5 minutes, as we were one of the first in line, there are 10 rows of custom agents. Our shuttle who we prearranged with Sherry from Travel Zone to take us to IAH was waiting for us right outside the doors, he was 1st in line. And we were at the airport by 9:00. The security line has 2 people in front of us and we were at the gate by 9:15.

Our flight started boarding on time at 10:00 and left as scheduled at 10:30.

There are many things that could have gone wrong. Fog for one, the ship not clearing customs on time, the shuttle bus not being there, security line at the airport; but with a little luck and careful planning it worked like a charm.

We booked the early flight because it was extremely discounted when we purchased.

Thanks for the input. Happy to hear everything went good for you guys. Still not reserving a shuttle in advance. We have 11 people and figure the price for a large van or 2 smaller ones to reserve would be the same price for 3 cabs to HOU.

We got off the Caribbean Princess last Saturday at 8 AM. Our shuttle was to arrive at 9AM and did. Our driver got the first couple to Hobby by 9:45, then took us to La Quinta Hobby ( we stayed 1 night pre cruise for $79) to kill 5 hours before our flight. Our shuttle works with La Quinta and Best Western Hobby Airport. I can't remember the name of company but the driver, part owners name is Mateen. He just bought a new shuttle that holds about 12-15. He took 6 of us to and from Bayport at arranged time. I asked him to stop at Walmart and he did at no extra cost. He dropped us off at 11AM and picked us up at (9 AM the following week. If you book the Cruise and Shuttle at La Quinta Suites, the cost is $199 plus tax. I called Mateen direct, we paid $100 roundtrip for 2 ($50 at drop off and $50 at return drop off). Mateen's Direct # 837-389-0568. Our cruise was flawless, from Hobby back to Hobby. Good luck.:)

We got off the Caribbean Princess last Saturday at 8 AM. Our shuttle was to arrive at 9AM and did. Our driver got the first couple to Hobby by 9:45, then took us to La Quinta Hobby ( we stayed 1 night pre cruise for $79) to kill 5 hours before our flight. Our shuttle works with La Quinta and Best Western Hobby Airport. I can't remember the name of company but the driver, part owners name is Mateen. He just bought a new shuttle that holds about 12-15. He took 6 of us to and from Bayport at arranged time. I asked him to stop at Walmart and he did at no extra cost. He dropped us off at 11AM and picked us up at (9 AM the following week. If you book the Cruise and Shuttle at La Quinta Suites, the cost is $199 plus tax. I called Mateen direct, we paid $100 roundtrip for 2 ($50 at drop off and $50 at return drop off). Mateen's Direct # 837-389-0568. Our cruise was flawless, from Hobby back to Hobby. Good luck.:)

Are you sure that phone number is correct? One of the area codes for the Houston area is 832, not 837.