Thenford Grey

emmac25

We were in St.Lucia (April, 2014) on a tour with Cosol and a couple in our group said they were going with Thenford Grey when we reached St. Kitts two days later. I had my tablet with me and emailed him when I found free wifi at one of our stops. He responded immediately and said he had room. We did not regret it. It was a very enjoyable day. Most all the bus (there were only 12 or 13 of us) chose not to do the beach so he dropped the 3 wanting to go to the beach off and took the rest of us back to the ship. Very nice man and proud of his island. I wouldn't hesitate to go with him again. This photo is one of him with Anna, a very lovely young lady that was with us on the tour 20140404_112134.jpg.9e20260ba96980c2ee532fe5ca1bec51.jpg

Edited by calliecat

We just returned from cruise on April 20, 2014. We took Thenfords tour. He was fantastic. The term gentleman so many people use is spot on. He is extremely knowledgeable and absolutely delightful. We had 18 people on our tour ranging from 16-70 years old. He entertained us all. I cant recommend him enough. You wont regret booking him.

• 2 weeks later...

We toured with Mr. Grey last week. He is every positive thing that people say about him. It is obvious he loves his island country and is very knowledgeable about it. He even recited some poetry in the afternoon when things got a little slow. Did not enjoy Cockleshell Beach though. Everything else was great.

• 3 months later...
We toured with Mr. Grey last week. He is every positive thing that people say about him. It is obvious he loves his island country and is very knowledgeable about it. He even recited some poetry in the afternoon when things got a little slow. Did not enjoy Cockleshell Beach though. Everything else was great.

Could I ask what you didn't like about the beach? Not sure about going to that one or a different beach??

• 1 month later...

I submitted a request for Thenford's Nevis excursion a couple of months ago and never heard back from him. I thought it was either because of his dd's passing or because the ferry schedule wouldn't work for us- we arrive at 9am. Today I emailed him at his gmail address and he called me almost immediately. He said he never saw my submission and that there is no problem with the timing and he'll work out all the details, meet us at the pier and walk us over to the ferry. Such a pleasant man. So glad I emailed him. Thought I would have to spend another day at South Friars Bay- not that it's bad- just looking to do something new for our 4th time there

Edited by crisp1

I submitted a request for Thenford's Nevis excursion a couple of months ago and never heard back from him. I thought it was either because of his dd's passing or because the ferry schedule wouldn't work for us- we arrive at 9am. Today I emailed him at his gmail address and he called me almost immediately. He said he never saw my submission and that there is no problem with the timing and he'll work out all the details, meet us at the pier and walk us over to the ferry. Such a pleasant man. So glad I emailed him. Thought I would have to spend another day at South Friars Bay- not that it's bad- just looking to do something new for our 4th time there

We just got back from visiting St Kitts and used Thenford Grey as well, he is a lovely lovely man!!! He loves his island and he is an amazing historian!!! NO one to better represent the island then Thenford Grey!!! I just can't say enough about him! Please send him our best!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I as well would like to know about private tours, and cost?

We interested in seeing birds and nature and that's harder to do with 8+ people...

Anyone done anythiing like this? How wass your experience?

Thanks!

How long does it take to hear back from him after booking a tour? I booked on his website the other day & have not received any kind of a reply back...even checked my spam folder...nothing...I sent another email but this is making me a bit leary about booking with him...

I got a response within hours.

There might be some issues with his website, I went on his website two weeks ago and booked "The Tour" and had not heard back anything until I emailed him yesterday and inquired about the online booking and he got back to me literally within hours of that email and apologized and said something must be wrong with the website and he was going to look into it.

So he still had space for me and my wife, we are arriving on the Jewel of the Seas on Monday Nov 10th. So we are all set and very excited! I have read so many good reviews about his tours we are really looking forward to it!!