Cost for Irie Blue Hole/Secret Falls from Falmouth

ChicagoBound

Thanks to the awesomeness of these boards, we've discovered the Irie Blue Hole a/k/a the Secret Falls. And we really want to go there.

I reached out to Liberty Tours Jamaica for pricing (for a 4-6 hour trip to see the Falls, along with river tubing and lunch). While the reviews for Liberty Tours are phenomenal, I was a little surprised how expensive it was. We are mostly hoping to go to the Falls. I'm wondering if anyone just did the Falls with them (or with another outfit) and get a sense on pricing. (I think we can share pricing info without running afoul of the Cruise Critic rules). If we can and people let me know, I will share how much the quote was for our proposed trip. Otherwise, I'll keep my mouth shut!

Perhaps it's cheaper from Ocho Rios. But I was surprised how expensive it was for five people (two adults, three kids aged 10, 10 and 6).

Any info on pricing and whether it's worth it to skip a good outfit like Liberty Tours and go with a cheaper tour guide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I can't remember the exact cost, but by the time you totaled everything up, transportation by tourguide/driver, the Blue Hole, tip for Blue Hole Guide and lunch at Scotchies I think we were around $100 per person. We did the tour from Falmouth in November with Liberty Tours. It would definitely be cheaper from Ocho Rios, as the Blue Hole is located close to Ocho Rios and is over an hour from Falmouth. I can't compare other guides as we only have experience with Liberty Tours who was very good.

We are on a cruise in March that also visits Falmouth and this time we are traveling with a family with children and we are going to the Hilton Rose Hall all inclusive through Resort for a day.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Thanks to the awesomeness of these boards, we've discovered the Irie Blue Hole a/k/a the Secret Falls. And we really want to go there.

I reached out to Liberty Tours Jamaica for pricing (for a 4-6 hour trip to see the Falls, along with river tubing and lunch). While the reviews for Liberty Tours are phenomenal, I was a little surprised how expensive it was. We are mostly hoping to go to the Falls. I'm wondering if anyone just did the Falls with them (or with another outfit) and get a sense on pricing. (I think we can share pricing info without running afoul of the Cruise Critic rules). If we can and people let me know, I will share how much the quote was for our proposed trip. Otherwise, I'll keep my mouth shut!

Perhaps it's cheaper from Ocho Rios. But I was surprised how expensive it was for five people (two adults, three kids aged 10, 10 and 6).

Any info on pricing and whether it's worth it to skip a good outfit like Liberty Tours and go with a cheaper tour guide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

We went to Secret Falls with Liberty Tours in November and had the time of our life! We did some research also, contacting the other company's via email and found Liberty Tours suited our needs and had the best price. We were with a small group and preferred it that way, since we got personalized service. Our driver was Aden who stayed with us the entire time and helped us at the falls. He kept us safe and secure, away from the locals, away from the selling of goods. Our personal items were safe locked in his van.

You have to calculate what the cost would be if you did that all individually such as admission to falls, transportation cost, river tubing price, lunch at Scotchies, etc. Then look at what the package price is. The ship tours are all way over $100 pp, and do not even go to the Falls. They are large groups of ship passengers with the ship tours, which you will NOT find with Liberty Tours. Our group was glad to get away to our own private tour with Aden, away from the crowds and the touristy areas. In the end, we all agreed our choice to use Liberty Tours was the best decision we made. We had a fantastic and memorable day.

Please do research, as you are bringing children. This place is at your own risk. That aside, we LOVED it. We used Courtney Taylor. Went from Falmouth, Jan. 2014. Was $72. plus tips for transportation and included $15 for Irie Blue Hole and Tubing at Calypso tubing (?). We tipped generously, cant remember how much. It is all worth it. Go with someone you feel safe with. We were 4 people in a private minivan, they will take you wherever you want to go. We did not eat outside the gate. Spent the time exploring.

From what I can tell, Liberty Tours gets rave reviews. And for what you get, their price is good. I think we're going to go with them. Can't wait to see the Secret Falls.

My husband and I booked with Courtney Taylor tours. It's only us at the moment and it will cost 140 in driving cost and then 15 each entrance to blue hole. If you're more than 2 people, the driving/vehicle cost will be shared of course...so cheaper per person.

I also emailed Liberty tours and the quote I got was 265 including transportation, entrance fees, lunch and "guiding".

We decided to go with Courtney mainly because of the price difference and also, we think that tour suits us the best as we are not too bothered about additional sightseeing/guiding....basically we just want to get to the hole and back:) We will stop for lunch though, but it's not included in the price.

There are 8 of us on our roll call who are using Liberty and we are at $75 per person (plus tip). It is a 45 minute ride out there and lunch is included so I think it is a reasonable price.

When you first try to book with just 2 people, it is $130 a person and the price drops when you add more people. Once you get 5 or more, it is $75pp.

We did this from Montego Bay which is fairly close to Falmouth. Our cost was $75pp. Our son is 11 and went with us. Lunch, transportation and entry fees were included. It was an amazing day and worth every penny!!

There were only 4 in our party. We were combined with another family of 4 and a single cruiser for a total of 9. They did say if we wanted a private excursion with just our 4 the price would be $100pp.

We used Courtney Taylor and he was great for my family of 5. It was just my family in his air-conditioned van. Make sure to get a quote from him. Falmouth is more expensive and you will want to tip your driver and the guide at the falls. The guide kept my family in one piece, and I was so happy about that. By the way, the falls are at least 1 hour 20 minutes from Falmouth. As you are going up the mountain, it is a dirt road. You see so much along the way and really feel like you are seeing the non-touristy Jamaica! Have fun!