RCCL Western Caribbean Dive & Snorkel

lil93bit

Planning to sail Mid-August on RCCL Freedom of the Seas. Going to Haiti, Jamacia, Grand Cayman, & Cozumel. I am looking for suggestions for a new diver (finishing certification now). My husband loves to snorkel, but not a diver.

What places would be on your "bucket list"? Can you dive & snorkel together? Who/what operators would you use?

Looking for ideas.

Grand Cayman would be the best diving for a new diver. It has been many years since I was there. I do recall going to Stingray City and diving with the stringrays while my wife snorkeled above us. The dive master even took a stingray up for her to pet. That might be one suggestion. I don't know who you could book that through. We had a private charter captain take us out and again it was many years ago.

I agree, Grand Cayman would be a better choice for a new diver. It is so easy to dive there. Cozumel would be a drift dive.

In Grand Cayman, Off the Wall Divers for a boat dive.

http://grandcaymandive.com/

For a shore dive in Cayman, Sunset House.

http://www.sunsethouse.com/

We have done both and I highly recommend them.

If you decide to dive in Cozumel, Chucho Underwater is the only place I ever use. He is by far our favorite divemaster.

http://chucho-underwater.com/

Safe diving and have a GREAT cruise!

Edited by Loves_Dogs

• 2 weeks later...

I say do both...and I prefer Coz over Cayman. yeah its a drift dive but it has over 120 foot vis in Coz...amazing reefs...

Better than Cayman IMO...

I would dive both...a book with an outside company (not through cruise) that lets husband go on the boat....

Nothing that would consititue a good dive spot would also be a good snorkel spot....tell to just get certified :)

Planning to sail Mid-August on RCCL Freedom of the Seas. Going to Haiti, Jamacia, Grand Cayman, & Cozumel. I am looking for suggestions for a new diver (finishing certification now). My husband loves to snorkel, but not a diver.

What places would be on your "bucket list"? Can you dive & snorkel together? Who/what operators would you use?

Looking for ideas.

We went to Grand Cayman Stingray City ... Its a must!! and there is a great reef there a few hundred feet away. We did excursion and just snorkel for us but at the sand bar you can stand and feed the rays very very cool and great for taking underwater pictures.

515983338_P4290105stinraysandsmall.jpg.ecfe06fd0123a705c983188a2188d82d.jpg