Deck 7 Promenade on Indy - How Loud?

petesweet

We were on deck 6 promenade (ben & jerry sweet) on liberty in nov and heard nothing! We had our 2 kids 1.5 and 5 with us that went to be at 8:30pm and they went down easy and slept through the night each night no problem. Occassional slamming of doors but that's expected in any room in any hallway.

Thank you all for the encouraging replies. I was really concerned.

Now, CamaCama, can you enlighten me about the B&J Suite? How early did you have to book to snag that goodie? It would definitely not be a good thing for me:eek:, but the concept is intriguing. As I understand it, it does not come at a higher price. When I was booking this, the RCI agent did not know which cabin was the B&J Suite.

Thanks.

Kathy

...As I understand it, it does not come at a higher price. When I was booking this, the RCI agent did not know which cabin was the B&J Suite.

Thanks.

Kathy

The Ben & Jerry Sweet is stateroom 6305 on Freedom, Liberty, and Indy. Same price as other PR category staterooms.

I have stayed in PRs on both Decks 6 and 7. The only noise I heard from the Promenade was from the parade, and even that was not loud. I find that you can watch the parade with enough sound to enjoy it, or it is pretty easy to ignore. I have never stayed in B&J Sweet, but a number of people (not all) who have stand there have complained about noise from slamming doors in the adjoining crew work area.

thom

Our kids love the PR cabins! They actually prefer them to a balcony(don't ask - I cannot explain it either, lol). We've put them in deck 6 and deck 7 PR cabins, and neither one was a noise problem at all.

Since deck 6 is right above the promenade shops/bars, you might have a little more risk of noise from below (ours had no noise). With deck 7 PR cabin, you are one more level isolated from any noise. I would not worry at all!

The glass thickness is very thick - I was surprised. Even with the parade going on, as well as some of the parties, there was barely a noise.

Thank you all for the encouraging replies. I was really concerned.

Now, CamaCama, can you enlighten me about the B&J Suite? How early did you have to book to snag that goodie? It would definitely not be a good thing for me:eek:, but the concept is intriguing. As I understand it, it does not come at a higher price. When I was booking this, the RCI agent did not know which cabin was the B&J Suite.

Thanks.

Kathy

Sorry for the duplicate post. I left my computer and came back to what looked like an unsent message. So, of course, I sent it!

Edited by petesweet