Need Help in Deciding Where To Go Please

barb3246

I was hoping that I could get a little help deciding what to do for our day in Falmouth. This is our first time here, and we would like to have a nice relaxing beach day on a beautiful beach that we can do some swimming/floating. We are in our early 50's, have no kids and no real interest to do any water activities. We will likely bring our own masks/snorkel and poke around in whatever beach we end up. I don't want to go to an extremely crowded place, but we don't need it to be too quiet either. I've been looking at some of the AI's (Hilton Rose Hall, Jewel Runaway Bay) but they look like a long drive and I don't know if its worth the money for the few hours we'd be there. I can't seem to find any info on nice beaches near the port (are there any??). What are others on this forum doing? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

You would have to head to Ocho Rios or Mo' Bay, neither of which we care for. We did not find Jamaica to be a good snorkeling island, so I can't really recommend any good beaches & we snorkel at just about every island we go to. We passed Hilton Rose Hall on our way to Mo' Bay and I wouldn't recommend it for snorkeling.

Jamaica is one of our least favorite islands. We were so disappointed in Mo' Bay and regret paying the money we did for shuttle service over there & back to Falmouth. If we port in Falmouth on any future cruises (we tend to stay away from Western Caribbean, not our favorite), we would just stay on the ship or just walk around the port area. Seems like we payed $30pp for the shuttle to Mo' Bay (private, not cruise shuttle).

• 2 weeks later...
You would have to head to Ocho Rios or Mo' Bay, neither of which we care for. We did not find Jamaica to be a good snorkeling island, so I can't really recommend any good beaches & we snorkel at just about every island we go to. We passed Hilton Rose Hall on our way to Mo' Bay and I wouldn't recommend it for snorkeling.

Jamaica is one of our least favorite islands. We were so disappointed in Mo' Bay and regret paying the money we did for shuttle service over there & back to Falmouth. If we port in Falmouth on any future cruises (we tend to stay away from Western Caribbean, not our favorite), we would just stay on the ship or just walk around the port area. Seems like we payed $30pp for the shuttle to Mo' Bay (private, not cruise shuttle).

I highly recommend Irie Blue Hole and Tubing:D