Blue hole and tubing from Falmouth

skatermegs

Hey everyone!

We are headed back to Jamaica in June, and I am looking for suggestions. I would like to do an excursion that won't be hours on a bus, but is a little bit off the beaten path and doesn't feel "Disneyfied" (Not knocking Disney! I am a huge fan, but I want my Disney feeling places to be Disney...). Last time we were in Jamaica we stopped at Ocho Rios, and did the Dunns River Falls and River tubing with Phil Lafayette, which was an absolute blast! He offers a blue hole and tubing adventure from Falmouth, but it is a lot more costly. My mom is adventurous, but she is turning 70 this year, so I want to make sure she is safe and has a lot of fun. She loved the tubing, and I think she would enjoy the blue hole. Does anyone have any suggestions of who to go with or other excursions that might work? We love being in the water, but are doing beach days in several other ports. I would like to have some jerk chicken, and possibly do a little shopping, but the cruise is all about her.

Megan

It's probably more costly because of the distance. Blue Hole is about 30 minutes past Ocho Rios, so you'll need to ride to OR and then back out of town 30 or so minutes to get there. Not sure if spending that much of your port time in a transfer is worth it to you, but it's something to think about.

Hey everyone!

We are headed back to Jamaica in June, and I am looking for suggestions. I would like to do an excursion that won't be hours on a bus, but is a little bit off the beaten path and doesn't feel "Disneyfied" (Not knocking Disney! I am a huge fan, but I want my Disney feeling places to be Disney...). Last time we were in Jamaica we stopped at Ocho Rios, and did the Dunns River Falls and River tubing with Phil Lafayette, which was an absolute blast! He offers a blue hole and tubing adventure from Falmouth, but it is a lot more costly. My mom is adventurous, but she is turning 70 this year, so I want to make sure she is safe and has a lot of fun. She loved the tubing, and I think she would enjoy the blue hole. Does anyone have any suggestions of who to go with or other excursions that might work? We love being in the water, but are doing beach days in several other ports. I would like to have some jerk chicken, and possibly do a little shopping, but the cruise is all about her.

Megan

http://www.libertytoursjamaica.com

We used this company and HIGHLY recommend them. They can customize the tour for your family. If you want to shop- NO problem MON! Scotchies is where we went for the best jerk chicken ever! The Blue Hole is not to be missed! Its so Beautiful.