Lautoka & Suva Shore Excursions

Wyuna1

Last visited these Fijian ports in 1986 aboard SS Canberra visiting March aboard Rhapsody with family group of 7 (aged 71-12). Have any fellow CCer's suggest any shore excursions they may have experienced or heard that are worthwhile. The available shipboard excursions are limited and are predictably expensive. Is it worth hiring a mini bus?

Hi there,

We are also visiting these ports on our March Celebrity Cruise and are undecided. Luatoka is not far from Denarau, and while I have been to Denarau, I don't particularly wish to spend my day at a resort. Would be very interested in hearing of suggestions from other travellers to what to see and do, and if independent travel can be done or best to book a ship excursion.

Hi there,

We are also visiting these ports on our March Celebrity Cruise and are undecided. Luatoka is not far from Denarau, and while I have been to Denarau, I don't particularly wish to spend my day at a resort. Would be very interested in hearing of suggestions from other travellers to what to see and do, and if independent travel can be done or best to book a ship excursion.

when we went to Denarau we got some people from our roll call and hired a taxi for a few hours and had a pleasant time exploring the area, you can see Raymond Burrs property the Sleeping Giant and the First Landing is very nice....to see the Sleeping Giant there's an extra fee and a few years ago it was about $9 AUD (could be more now)

the taxi we had could take about 6 people and they took AUD but haggle with the fare

We took a tour from one of the many companies set up at the dock in Lautoka to the Garden of the Sleeping Giant.. It was just beautiful as there are many lovely orchids and other flowers to look at. The tour included a visit to a local village and a trip to Jacks for souvenir shopping.

It was half the asking price of the ships tour and we had a lovely day.

There is nothing exciting about Lautoka town, and no nearby swimming, so I would suggest you jump on a tour, or hire a van for the day for your family and enjoy yourselves!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app