Picture of Carnival HC room?

bluehenfan

I have cabin 7260 booked on the Pride in Sept. It's my 1st HC room. I've seen pictures of Carnival HC bathrooms but can't find any of the actual room. Anybody have a picture of room layout? I'm excited b/c on last cruise I had reg. cabin and had to rent a scooter. It was not easy to get the scooter in and out (took armrests off ) . I've been told I can fit 2 scooters in HC room if needed, and just can't picture it. It was jammed and crowded into reg. room. Looking forward to not dreading bringing scooter into cabin for the night. Thanks!

My son and I were on Carnival Spirit in November and were in 7303 which should be a similar layout. Here are a couple of photos (you can see my scooter; we also had wheelchair for going ashore in Cabo and we left it on the balcony):

232323232%7Ffp%3B9%3B%3Enu%3D3235%3E343%3E235%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3A7%3B524833%3Anu0mrj232323232%7Ffp%3B%3B8%3Enu%3D3235%3E343%3E235%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3A7%3B524933%3Anu0mrj232323232%7Ffp%3B%3A3%3Enu%3D3235%3E343%3E235%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3A7%3B524%3A33%3Anu0mrj232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C6%3Enu%3D3235%3E343%3E235%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3C%3A7%3B524%3B33%3Anu0mrj

I have cabin 7260 booked on the Pride in Sept. It's my 1st HC room. I've seen pictures of Carnival HC bathrooms but can't find any of the actual room. Anybody have a picture of room layout? I'm excited b/c on last cruise I had reg. cabin and had to rent a scooter. It was not easy to get the scooter in and out (took armrests off ) . I've been told I can fit 2 scooters in HC room if needed, and just can't picture it. It was jammed and crowded into reg. room. Looking forward to not dreading bringing scooter into cabin for the night. Thanks!

Carnival has two classifications of wheelchair cabins... MODIFIED CABINS and FULLY ACCESSIBLE CABINS. According to the Carnival Pride Deck Plans cabin 7260 is a "MODIFIED CABIN" not a fully accessible cabin. ( FYI 7303 is also a Modified Cabin". Modified cabins are not as large as fully accessible cabins and are generally the same size as the standard cabin in that catagory . Also Modifed Cabins do not have a zero threshold bathroom entry . The bathroom has a step from 3" to 8" unlike a fully accessible cabin. Hope this isn't an issue for you. It you just need the scooter to get around the ship and you can do one step into the bathroom you should have no problems with a modified cabin .

Here's what Carnival has posted on it's website regarding the description of a Modified Cabin.

• Modified Cabins: these cabins have been modified from our standard cabins to include wider entry doorways. The cabin entry measures approximately 29". The cabin bathroom entry ranges from 22" to 29", with a lip ranging from 3.5" to 8" into the bathroom. These cabins are reserved for our guests who use a wheelchair for distance or guests with limited mobility.

Also Here's the link to the Pride Deck plans to check for yourself. Just click on Verandah Deck than click on cabin 7260 for all the details. http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-pride.aspx#deckplans

Now I'm confused because PVP from Carnival told me that 7260 was a HC room. Either HC or Modified will be fine with us - the scooter will fit through the door way and I can use cane for help with balance once in room. In fact, she kept asking if either my Aunt who is sailing with me, or if I actually had need for a HC room b/c if not, we should pick another room. (I hadn't requested HC room b/c in the past I've never been able to get one). Told her it would be perfect for us b/c I use scooter due to balance problem and lower back problems. Thanks for letting me know it's just a modified room. My aunt will be disappointed. She has bad arthiritis in knees and feet and has trouble with any kind of steps, but should be ok with just the little step up to bathroom and into shower.

Now I'm confused because PVP from Carnival told me that 7260 was a HC room. Either HC or Modified will be fine with us - the scooter will fit through the door way and I can use cane for help with balance once in room. In fact, she kept asking if either my Aunt who is sailing with me, or if I actually had need for a HC room b/c if not, we should pick another room. (I hadn't requested HC room b/c in the past I've never been able to get one). Told her it would be perfect for us b/c I use scooter due to balance problem and lower back problems. Thanks for letting me know it's just a modified room. My aunt will be disappointed. She has bad arthiritis in knees and feet and has trouble with any kind of steps, but should be ok with just the little step up to bathroom and into shower.

The PVP was correct that 7260 is a HC cabin , it just that it's a Modified HC cabin . The PVP omitted to tell you it was a Modified HC cabin.

Suggest you contact Carnival and tell them you weren't aware that this was a Modified HC cabin and see if there is a Full Accessible Cabin available.

Not certain if Modified cabins have a fold down shower seat. You might want to request a shower chair by contacting Carnival's special needs department.

Archived